End of life device with Lifetime maps - Page 2 — TomTom Community

End of life device with Lifetime maps

2»

Comments

• w45w45 Posts: 16 [Apprentice Traveler]
    My live services subscription ends in December so my 820(FT) device is alive and will continue to receive updates till then.

If on another similar device the live services subsciption expires in March then it will not be able to be renewed.

I have assumed that both have lifetime maps.

Therefore we have two identical devices one with live services and the other without.

What technical justification can there be for not allowing continuing purchase of live services.

Why not just admit that tomtom has made a colossal public relations blunder and continue to allow our machines to continue as they are until they really come to their end.
  • dossadossa Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    OK i'm out. I went over to the other side. I feel insulted, let down by tomtom. I've used their devices for years now going right back to the old tomtom1. I connected my XL LIVE to update and in no uncertain terms am told in a error window that my xl is crap and i need to buy another one, at discount of course ;). I am not safisfied with this at all, infact i really do feel insulted so i now use a GARMIN drive-assist 50 with built in dashcam, FREE lifetime updates thankyou very much TOMTOM!
  • HeatherJNHeatherJN Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have a two year old TomTom 820 serial FTxxxxKxxxxx. I purchased this based on life time map support. How do I access the free maps. If this is not so you are in breach of Consumer Affairs Legislation in Australia

Mod edit: Please do not post any personal information on a public forum!
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,099 Superusers
    Hi
    @HeatherJN

Tomtom EOL (End of Life)

Tomtom have already stated that Lifetime Maps and any Existing Map Subscriptions will be honoured

See VikramK Post (TomTom Staff) Here....
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/news-and-announcements-37/end-of-life-device-with-lifetime-maps-1032484/index1.html#post1207861

If you have Lifetime Maps or an existing Map Subscriptions Call Tomtom Support...

When calling....
    Tomtom are monitoring Eol support by an Auto Response System
    When prompted DO NOT provide your Tomtom model information
    Wait for a live agent to respond

:flag_au: Australia
    1300 135 604
    Monday-Friday:9:00 am to 5:30 pm AEST

ATB YFM
  • mypopsmypops Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I find the weekly emails attempting to get me to purchase a new product insulting!
    We have the older unit XXl and now of course we can't update our maps even if we select a smaller travel area. Their choice of when to make the product outdated leaves us feeling like we were ripped off.
    Happened to buy ours at Costco and will be visiting them and seeing about a return.
    It would appear they make enough money participating in commercial products the consumer market is not needed, because why would I buy a new when really my phone with Google maps works fine. My old TomTom works great in areas without cell, primarily on vacation, the few times a year I need it. However, it is not worth buying a new one every couple years.
    Maybe if they had said 6 years worth of maps or something I wouldn't so put off by this product.
  • SHONTIESHONTIE Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    antond wrote:
    TomTom says that 8 Ball Pool one reason older devices Google Hangouts are not Omegle supported is that map file sizes have grown considerably and can't be accommodated on older devices. I have a Go 820 with current UK + Ireland maps, which is 360 MB in size. My device has 1128 MB free space and thus nowhere near not being able to handle updates. Yet am told my device is no longer supported. Why????
    Let me explain if your device comes with Lifetime maps then the updates will be honored and you will continue to receive new maps going forward.
  • SHONTIESHONTIE Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    antond wrote:
    TomTom says thone reason older devices are not le supported is that map file sizes have grown considerably and can't be accommodated on older devices. I have a Go 820 with current UK + Ireland maps, which is 360 MB in size. My device has 1128 MB free space and thus nowhere near not being able to handle updates. Yet am told my device is no longer supported. Why????
    Let me explain if your device comes with Lifetime maps then the updates will be honored and you will continue to receive new maps going forward.
  • SULMASIYSULMASIY Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Je suis tout à fait d'accord, je n'ai pas été averti, comme vous dites, pourquoi ne pas conserver la taille de la carte comme auparavant, je n'ai pas besoin de nouvelles innovations qui ont la mémoire. https://notepad.software/ https://downloader.vip/malwarebytes/ https://filezilla.software/
  • ghost123ukghost123uk Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Well I certainly won't be buying a replacement from TomTom in view of this blatant con trick.

Off now to buy a Garmin DriveAssist 50LMT-D for £80 less than the "offer item" that the email I got from TomTom suggests, PLUS it has a dash cam built in !!
  • kexlandkexland Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    When I purchased my TomTom device just a few years ago, I thought "Lifetime" meant "Lifetime".....i.e. for my life, for life of device until it broke, etc. You did not make it clear at time of purchase that your definition of "Lifetime" was very different and that it really gave you the option to stop service at your discretion.

This is not fair or right! I feel cheated, lied to and taken advantage of by your company ... and that you were somewhat deceptive in your business practices. I will never purchase any of your products again.

If you want to replace my device for free, or with a more substantial discount than the paltry discount current being offered, than I might reconsider.

I know technology advances over time, but that doesn't mean you abandon your customers by forcing them to buy a new device to be able to continue service. I am sure there are many ways you could have modified existing software, even if it meant a reduction in some of the services offered, instead of just pulling the plug on your customers.

But it seems this is the way more and more companies act anymore. Have to make that bottom line look good each quarter for your investors. More short term profit motivated than having a long term buisness plan. The Chinese are more long term focused and they will soon over take us as the largest economy in the world.
    edited July 30
    Hi
    @kexland

Tomtom EOL (End of Life)
    Tomtom have already stated that Lifetime Maps and any Existing Map Subscriptions will be honoured

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/news-and-announcements-37/end-of-life-device-with-lifetime-maps-1032484/index1.html#post1207861

If you have Lifetime Maps or an existing Map Subscriptions
    Call Tomtom Support...
    When calling....
    Tomtom are monitoring Eol support by an Auto Response Phone System
    When prompted DO NOT provide your Tomtom model information... Wait for a live agent to respond

Phone Tomtom Support United States
    877-757-7137
    Monday - Friday: 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST

ATB YFM
  • odile1odile1 Posts: 3 [New Traveler]
    the serial number that i have was not listed, it is supposed to start with two letter mine are SM, not in the list
    edited July 30
    Hi
    @odile1
    odile1 wrote: »
    the serial number that i have was not listed, it is supposed to start with two letter mine are SM, not in the list
    I see you are from the US
    Find the model of your navigation device and what software it uses
    Here... https://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9521/locale/en_US
    nm8om9n1thzn.jpg

Re... Eol End of life Devices

Devices with lifetime maps are not affected

If you have Lifetime Maps or an existing Map Subscriptions
    Call Tomtom Support United States
    877-757-7137
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. EST

When calling....
    When prompted DO NOT provide your Tomtom model information, wait for a live agent to respond

ATB YFM
  • lostagain215lostagain215 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    time to integrate microsd slot for future gps unit like garmin has done. this is what i have problem with tomtom. while it's good to introduce new features, do not do it at the expense of the already stable, working features. the new interface for my Go 60 is not that great, in my opinion. we need refinement for something that works well, not drastic overhaul that provides little or no improvement.
    edited July 31
    Hi
    @lostagain215
    Time to integrate micro SD slot for future GPS unit like Ga*m*n has done (Snip)
    A high proportion of the early NAV2 Devices already have Micro SD slot
    Most of the following NAV3 Devices already have Micro SD slot
    All of the later NAV4 & Latest Nav5 (Wi-Fi) Devices already have Micro SD slot

Compatible memory cards for map installation
    Here... https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2634

ATB YFM
  • hansvanwoerden85hansvanwoerden85 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    If this is the case why not correct it in Home or Drive.
    My grandpa is 87 years old and using your Tomtom.
    Using it Is difficult enough for him, keeping up to date more so.
    You are expecting to be familiar with all kinds of technologies, it does not stop at your device.
    If it weren't for me he would already have given in to the trick.
    Is this the way you want to improve your bottom line....
    Since your EOL announcement you have had more than enough time to correct this.
    I get the impression that extra support cost on this issue don't outweigh turnover benefits.
    Your policies reek of bad taste.
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Hi
    @HeatherJN

Tomtom EOL (End of Life)

If you have Lifetime Maps or an existing Map Subscriptions Call Tomtom Support...

When calling....
    When prompted DO NOT provide your Tomtom model information
    Wait for a live agent to respond

:flag_au: Australia
    1300 135 604
    Monday-Friday:9:00 am to 5:30 pm AEST

ATB YFM

Hi
    @hansvanwoerden85

This is a User Forum, I am just a Tomtom user Like yourself
    I don't really understand your Reply....

Quote....
    If this is the case why not correct it in Home or Drive....
    Correct what in Home or Drive ???

If it weren't for me he would already have given in to the trick...
    What trick ???
    End Quote

ATB YFM
  • kinfalikinfali Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    HateUNow wrote: »
    There are no words for you guys. It was bad enough when I got sucked into your product, loved it with the fabulous free voices, then, when my unit was run over in a parking lot and I chose to replace it, all the voices I fell in love with were no longer anywhere to be found on cooking fever mod apk Now, you do this. For one thing, I never received ANY CONTACT regarding a discontinuation of support. You REALLY ****. I loved nearly everything about that GPS, and even now, the messaging in this forum is not clear about the XL units. I had to find out when I hooked it up for an update and it told me never again. Plus, the date in my last email from you has an expiration date of 2023. That is a LONG time from now. You lied.

I HATE YOU PEOPLE.

Don't you know there's too much competition out there for you to treat customers like this.

LOSE.
    So where is the logic in not allowing the continuing purchase of Live Services, since these machines are still being supported?

Or is this still a ploy to render these machines less than useful without Live Traffic.