Trouble to install the new Eourope map

Loving
Loving Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
I have tried 5 times to load my new map, each time takes roughly 2 hours and I end up having no map on my unit while the connect (latest version, I updated first) states that everything has gone well. Besides this the load has restarted 3 times (also taking 2 hours) when I missed that it should have been finalized........ This is the same problems I had the last time I updates mu GO LIVE 1005, and I wonder if I should accept this?

According to info I found I should be able to call someone for support, but I cannot find any number..... Really frustrating!

Comments

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,785
    Superuser
    Hi
    @Loving
    Tomtom Support Sverige (Sweden)
    077-662-00-10
    Måndag-Fredag: 10:00-17:00

ATB YFM
  • Loving
    Loving Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    After 10 try's reinstallation of "My connect" and a call I finally got it to work.... Same as last time...... Working with IT for a large bank I'm used to better quality I can say..... Thanks for the number, I will keep it.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,785
    Superuser
    Hi
    @Loving
    Loving wrote:
    Besides this the load has restarted 3 times (also taking 2 hours) when I missed that it should have been finalized........
    Re "Download/installation interrupted".....
    Are your USB ports set for power saving "USB Selective Suspend"

Click on link and scroll down to "Turn Off USB Selective Suspend"
    Win7 See... http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/147369-usb-selective-suspend-turn-off.html
    Win10 See… https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/73187-turn-off-usb-selective-suspend-windows-10-a.html

Also turn off any Screen savers any other Power savers or USB port monitoring software installed

ATB YFM
  • Niall
    Niall Posts: 11,112
    Superuser
    Loving wrote:
    ...... Working with IT for a large bank....

@Loving
    Sorry to say that us IT professionals do have a tendency to make our computers a bit more secure than the average Joe Public, so when we attach a device that simulates another web information source, our over protected environment thinks it is under attack and keeps our TomTom device at arms length ;)