Add your own race without using an activity? — TomTom Community

Add your own race without using an activity?

KeCiKeCi Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Adventurer
On my Adventurer I can create my own race: e.g. using running - training - race - create. I can define a distance and a time. I guess it is the same on the Spark 3 and derivatives.

* It looks like the race-tracking stops at whatever comes first: distance or time. Which is quite annoying when you cannot keep up with the pace and the time is reached before the distance. The status screen indicating how far you are behind will be stopped before you reach the finish. Can I change or influence this?
* Apparently these races are not synchronized to the Sports App. At least they do not appear in the list of races.
* Also, it looks like I cannot create my own races on the Sports App, without having an activity first, which is quite annoying if you want to define a new race as a target.

I cannot find anything on this in the manual. Perhaps the feature is quite new and introduced without updating the manual yet. Anybody has any experience with this?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,346
    Superusers
    You can create a custom race on the watch, not on the app. Once you do a race you can add that activity to the race list, but you cannot create it from scratch unfortunately. Considering TT has left the wearables market and is not producing any new devices (and never even released the Adventurer in the US), I would assume at this point any updates will be limited to bug fixes (and even that may be limited - it has been over three months since the last update broke connectivity for many users and introduced battery drain issues and that is still unresolved). I would not expect much more development and certainly not something major, particularly on the watch side (they may continue to tweak the MySports site and app, but not the watches themselves).

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • KeCiKeCi Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks. That answered my third question and probably also my second one.

Any experience with creating a race of your own on the watch itself (my first question)?
    Any idea how I can make the watch continue displaying the race until the full distance is covered in case I am slower than the time set?
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,346
    Superusers
    You can't, it stops when it hits the end of the race distance. You can just set up a Pace goal equal to the pace that would equate to your finishing distance and time and use that instead. I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • KeCiKeCi Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    That would be great. Currently it stopped at the end of the race time... Not the distance.