MyDrive connection with GO 5200 wifi — TomTom Community

MyDrive connection with GO 5200 wifi

Kevin ReichertKevin Reichert Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hi there. For a few months now my device fails to connect to the My Drive app. i assumed it was due to upgrades not having been done but post the latest upgrades it is still doing it. Any ideas as to why this happens and are others experiencing the same drama?

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,893
    Superuser
    @Kevin Reichert

You have to be logged into MyDrive on both the device and your computer. See page 35 of the manual http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/gox20x/refman/TomTom-GO-EU-RG-en-gb.pdf
  • Kevin ReichertKevin Reichert Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi Niall.
    I get that, I have done the relevant upgrades etc to the device. I am talking about the device itself not linking to MyDrive via its internal sim card (I'm guessing) or that the MyDrive app is off line a lot lately? So when you switch it on in the car, it logs on, gets the location etc but will not bring up traffic, you cannot send info to it from your smartphone and so on.

I'm guessing you are not experiencing this kind of issue?
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,431
    Superusers
    Hi
    Have you tried a Drum roll restart on the device ????

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6965//session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDI2NjM0NDUyL3NpZC9EQTdTVHpobQ

Charge the device for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles......

If possible, for the for the first Satellite fix, go outside with a clear view of the Sky

ATB YFM
  • Kevin ReichertKevin Reichert Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi there YamFazMan.

Done all you have suggested, besides the reboot option - I was not sure how to do this.
    The machine sometimes logs on automatically (in the car) and sometimes the little icons appear with a small x indicating they are not connecting. If you go to myDrive in the device menu structure, it says "connecting" but nothing happens. A day later, an or an hour later it will connect and all is well again. This is always outside with clear blue skies even.

I will try the soft restart option.
    thanks!