FItness points not show in activitiy

trinas
trinas Registered Users Posts: 7
Master Explorer
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
My last activity have been upload into Tomtom Mysport web application. The doesn't show the fitness point with the statement that fitness points is not available because no heart rate information. But the activity have all the heart rate information.
What is missing or what can i do to fix it?

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
    Superuser
    Fitness Points are only calculated for running and cycling activities as they require a VO2Max measure which is only available in these modes. It also requires a Cardio model with the built-in HR, even if using an external strap. If using an external strap on a non-Cardio model you will get HR data but no Fitness Points.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • trinas
    Master Explorer
    the watch have the cardio sensor andthe activity is cycle. so all the requirement are met.
  • tfarabaugh
    Superuser
    You may want to call Customer Support to ask them about it, but I would try a factory reset first in case it is just an issue in your firmware install. To do a factory reset, make sure the Connect software is running and dock the device to your computer. The Connect window will open; press the gear at the top right and select factory reset from the next screen. Follow the steps provided and when prompted to register or sign in to MySports, select sign in and use your existing account credentials. It is fairly straightforward and should take less than 5 minutes.

To get the number for Customer Support, choose Contact Us at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • trinas
    Master Explorer
    The proposal solution doesn't resolve the issue. The problem is with one specific activity. Watch factory reset will not fix past activities.
  • tfarabaugh
    Superuser
    Nothing will fix past activities, if it did not collect the points at thee time it will not go back and recalculate them but a factory reset will correct any firmware issues to fix it go forward. Calling support is also a valid solution.

Personally, I don't feel you can make any judgments from what it is telling you in terms of fitness points or fitness age. It only uses runs or cycles to calculate points and while it does refine its readings over time but it seems to be a random, capricious measure that ties to very little. It is based on whatever algorithm TT came up with, which is different than what Garmin uses or Strava uses, or anyone else. Ultimately I don't expect a watch to be able to tell me how fit I am.

• trinas
    Master Explorer
    That answer didnt resolve the problem You have answer in what you believe and not what is expected to be correct. To me its a issue with mysport.tomtom site and to you its a watch problem that i need to reset even other activities are ok. So what is expected? To reset watch every time a activity fails? Or findout the root of the problem? I am glade you mentioned strava, because even strava we are able to recalculate activity achievements.
  • tfarabaugh
    Superuser
    trinas wrote:
    That answer didnt resolve the problem You have answer in what you believe and not what is expected to be correct. To me its a issue with mysport.tomtom site and to you its a watch problem that i need to reset even other activities are ok. So what is expected? To reset watch every time a activity fails? Or findout the root of the problem? I am glade you mentioned strava, because even strava we are able to recalculate activity achievements.
    This is a user forum, for users to give other users advice and feedback on what works for them, which is what I tried. You clearly are not going to be satisfied with any answer so again, call Support and deal with TT directly, I don't work for TT.
  • trinas
    Master Explorer
    I understand that is a user forum and i have read Tomtom user aggrement where it says ".. primarily designed as a place for customers to help customers, so please keep your comments constructive and relevant to the topic on the forum or thread". The topic is about Fitness point not visible in some activities and what i expected was reply from other users with same issue and knowhow to resolve, instead of telling me to not use/care about some features.
    The issue is not been satisfied with any answer is about how to resolve a problem.
    Of course i have already try call the Support. But Support seems to be also ineffective where automatically reply with the same nonsenses of watch factory reset. As if factory reset will resolve the problem or will avoid future problems.
  • tfarabaugh
    Superuser
    And have you tried the factory reset as recommended by Support? Since you are presumably not a TT developer you have no idea if it will help or not. It is very possible when the firmware got installed it was corrupt which is causing the issue (happens all the time unfortunately). The factory reset erases the watch and installs a fresh firmware. Do it or don't do it, it is up to you, but to continue to complain while refusing to follow the advice given is ridiculous. I am personally done with it. Good luck to you.
  • trinas
    Master Explorer
    yes i have done the reset in the past. this is not the first time i have an activity with this problem. i think my question is clear and i dont have a permanent issue. i want to know if is possible to fix an activity or i want to know why an activity says no fitness point due to missing cardio activity even when the cardio is there. Ridiculous is keep telling to do the factory reset.
  • tfarabaugh
    Superuser
    I already told you nothing will fix past activities and no one (even TomTom) knows why it did not count points for that activity. It is glitchy software and a poor algorithm that produces meaningless results. Since TT left the wearables industry altogether and laid off their entire Sports staff there is no one left to figure it out. Time to move on.
  • trinas
    Master Explorer
    i already know that you dont know how to fix. So, let others answer and share the some information about the same issue.
  • rgec58
    rgec58 Registered Users Posts: 6
    Apprentice Seeker
    This has to be a TomTom MySports issue. I have the same issue and have not been able to resolve it. I have gone through multiple resets, watch on & offs, firmware fixes and finally a new watch. None of this fixes this issue. For some reason, even though the activity records heart rate, and shows the graph as well as data from the watch, TomTom MySports does not recognize the heart rate data and says that the activity doesn't give fitness points because there is no heart rate data. This is an issue with the TomTom MySports service. I tried talking to support about this, but again, they just sent me a new watch, which I am thankful to have, because there were horrible battery issues and connectivity issues with the old Spark 3.

OTHERS need to contact support to let them know about this issue, maybe it will get fixed on their end, not the watch!!!