Imported route file name — TomTom Community

Imported route file name

ztech6ztech6 Posts: 55 [Renowned Wayfarer]
edited January 2019 in RIDER
I'm importing route from Tyre and found the file name is changed on the Tom Tom 420 when viewing in 'My [email protected]

I've tried importing with Tyre and manually copying with file explorer in Windows (10), one I've got them on the device and clicked 'Done' the files appear for import e.g.

2018-01 Plymouth.itn

I select the file and it's imported. Now when I look in'My Routes the route is listed but the name is now changed, (2) is added to the end e.g.

2018-01 Plymouth (2)

Not really a problem as the route works fine, just annoying the name has changed.
Any idea why this happens?

Comments

• ztech6ztech6 Posts: 55 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    I've not found a solution to this, any feedback from Tom Tom please??
  • EXPORTMANEXPORTMAN Posts: 634
    Superusers
    Hi

This usually happens if you have two files with the same name ?
    I've deleted all the routes in 'My Routes and files all from the SD card and internal memory. Still does it. It's a pain not being able to rename the route.
    ztech6 wrote:
    I've not found a solution to this, any feedback from Tom Tom please??

is there any official feed back on the Tom Tom site ???:neutral_face:
    My planning season is here and I'm still getting this issue. I was hoping the lengthy update the took place after not plugging into MyDrive over the winter would solve it.

ANY comment from Tom Tom please ?
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,257 Moderator
    @ztech6

I would suggest that you do a factory reset and then sync the routes again.

Should you still face the same issue then I would recommend that you report this behaviour to the customer service as they will in a better position to investigate this deeply.

Regards
    Vikram
  • 954dk954dk Posts: 292 [Master Traveler]
    It's a well known bug and it has been reported for more than a year AMONG MANY OTHER! :(
    Thanks for replying Vikramk, I've done a reset and still the files are renamed with (2) at the end. There are no other routes on the devise after the reset.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,257 Moderator
    Hi ztech6

I was having a look at the reported issues and we have a ticket open for this particular problem with our Product Team which is under investigation.

I have logged your case, but I would also suggest that you get in touch with the customer service and report it.

Regards
    Vikram
    Thank you Vikram
  • SteveduncoStevedunco Posts: 19 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I have the same problem. Surely somebody at TomTom knows of a fix for the number 2 added to the end of imported routes?