New user map question Via 1535

desper-otto
desper-otto Registered Users Posts: 5
Apprentice Seeker
My 9-year-old 2 GB TomTom was "obsoleted" so I just purchased a VIA 1535 TM with lifetime US Can and Mex maps. During setup I was instructed to update my map. When I selected the US Can and Mex map, I was told I had insufficient memory and should select a smaller map, so I selected the lower tier of US states. Today I added a 64gb memory card and formatted it. But, I can't find a way to switch back to the US Can Mex map. Any suggestions?

Comments

• dhn
    dhn Posts: 33,382
    Superuser
    First of all, a 64 gb card is too large for Tomtom to recognize. A 16 gb card (by SanDisk -- a good brand) should be sufficient.

Once inserted and formatted by the unit, you can clear the download folder in the Settings (click on the country flag in MyDriveConnect to get to Settings, then move to the download tab) and the map should be offered again.

If you run into issues, call support:

United States
    877-757-7137
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST
  • desper-otto
    desper-otto Registered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Seeker
    If 64GB is "too large for Tomtom to recognize," why is that the size card that is offered for memory expansion on the Tomtom site? I did get the "format completed" message for the new card. Could I be stuck because of a one-update-per-quarter restriction?