Add music from my Spotify account — TomTom Community

Add music from my Spotify account

jamiemacmillan123jamiemacmillan123 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
how can I add music from my Spotify account to my tom tom watch

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,626
    Superusers
    You can't, TomTom cannot legally play music from Spotify as it is protected. You only have the right to play the music using Spotify's app, you do not actually own it. The watch also has no way to stream music as it has no cellular connection and it cannot play offline tracks as it has no OS to launch the Spotify app. In a nutshell the watch does not support files with DRM of any type. This includes offline tracks from Apple Music and Spotify. MySports Connect will not count any DRM tracks as part of a playlist, so if all the tracks in a playlist are DRM then the playlist will not be shown at all.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Leew543Leew543 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Whilst this is true of this watch at present, this may be an option that needs to be looked at in future as the new Garmin Forerunner music will at launch be able to use offline music from Deezer giving it a massive edge for a lot of people, like me who only stream. i have this watch and have limited songs that i had from the old days of ripping cd's.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,626
    Superusers
    Leew543 wrote:
    Whilst this is true of this watch at present, this may be an option that needs to be looked at in future as the new Garmin Forerunner music will at launch be able to use offline music from Deezer giving it a massive edge for a lot of people, like me who only stream. i have this watch and have limited songs that i had from the old days of ripping cd's.
    Spotify will not license their service to any sports watches so that is not an option (it is thought they may be planning on introducing a music watch of their own - not a sports watch per se but something that uses Spotify). And since TT has left the wearables market and is not making any new devices and adding streaming would require a hardware change, it is never coming to the TT watch lineup.
  • NicoleooNicoleoo Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
  • JerrySmith1021JerrySmith1021 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    If you'd like to sync Spotify songs to sport watch, here I can share my experience with you. As for me, I usually download and convert Spotify playlist to MP3 with the Spotify to MP3 Converter for Windows, then I can transfer Spotify tracks to my smart watch for offline playback.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0