Pace and Average Pace calculation off

Rye.Rye.Ryan
Rye.Rye.Ryan Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Since updating the pace on my Runner 2 has not been accurate. When I run with my husband, his watch will often read 15-30 seconds faster. Also, I've found the pace to be inaccurate when I am running a trail with trees. The trail is in the city but the gps seems to lag in those stretches that are move covered.

How can I address the pacing issue? I use the pace calculator for intervals and speed work. I'm training for a marathon in May and my training program focuses heavily on hitting certain paces.

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
    Superuser
    Pace has been an issue since the first version of the watch was released 4+ years ago and really has not changed much, so I would not expect much to change now. It is slow to react to changes in pace so it is really only useful for long steady runs. You can try a factory reset but that may do nothing. Since TT has left the wearables market and laid off the sports staff I would not expect anything to change now. You may want to look ta another brand.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.