FOUND A TOMTOM - SMASHED

NewForestExplorer
NewForestExplorer Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I have found a Tomtom watch in the new forest area and i have tried posting on local running sites and now do not know what to do with it? Can the owner be tracked?

Thanks
T

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
    Superuser
    There is no easy way to track the owner. The only traceable item is the serial number, but TT does not keep a list of serial numbers of lost watches. If it is smashed it is probably worthless anyway.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • djlegge
    djlegge Registered Users Posts: 14
    Apprentice Traveler
    TomTom would know which account the watch serial number is associated with for syncing so could email the owner if anybody could really be bothered. Since you say the watch is smashed though it would seem a little pointless. Maybe the strap might be useful as a spare if it's not broken...
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
    Superuser
    djlegge wrote:
    TomTom would know which account the watch serial number is associated with for syncing so could email the owner if anybody could really be bothered. Since you say the watch is smashed though it would seem a little pointless. Maybe the strap might be useful as a spare if it's not broken...
    And I doubt they are going to bother, that is a bit of work for them to look up the email, write someone, wait for a response, hook the two parties up, etc. And it may very well be it was discarded intentionally if it is smashed.