GO LIVE 1005 keeps turning off/ freezing/rebooting - Page 6 — TomTom Community

GO LIVE 1005 keeps turning off/ freezing/rebooting

Comments

• darioperezdarioperez Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]

TomTom has sent me an email saying that my tomtom go live 1005 camper is no longer compatible with TomToom maps and services.
    This after having posted that I have been blocked.
    They offer me a discount of 30% on a gps that is not camper.
    And everything has been as a result of updating the last map.
    I updated because Tomtom told me that the map was outdated and I had to update it, if I had not, the tomtom would still work.
    The error is therefore because of the message that TomTom sends that he had to update the map, and if Tomtom has made a mistake it is they who must give a solution.
    Buy a new gps does not seem an option and less if it is not a camper gps that is the one we all had.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,535 Superuser
    Hi @darioperez

Contact Customer Support and ask if they will offer a similar discount on the Camper.

Doug
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 [Master Explorer]
    Me too. My TomTom GO LIVE 1005 Camper & Caravan is more or less bricked after last update.
    I'm trying to revive it starting in "repair mode", but I get the rotating gear on the screen, the computer (WIN10pro) recognizes briefly the device, sends something to it ( appears a screen with the navigator, the computer, the wire between them with a superimposed hand and a red cross over it as to say "don't disconnect!" ) but after this the navigator reboots, the computer says it is not connected .. and restarts as before recognizing briefly.. in a no-end loop.
    This is happening more a less for the last three days ..
    Any suggestion ?
    I this the meaning of " free life updates"?
    Regards
    Bruno
    Read "Is this the meaning of " free life updates"?"
    edited April 2019
    Hi @rodney49

Have you tried any of the suggested possible solutions earlier in this Topic? What are the first two letters of the Serial No.

Doug
    Hello Doug
    of course, yes, I did what I found at:
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1898
    First I tried the simple reset .. no effect; then I tried the "deep" reset to start in "recover mode"... the triple press of the start button with the white text on the screen.
    And now I'm locked out. The PC (win10) continues to give sounds (USB device connected (ti-to ti).. then USB device disconnected (ta tu tu) when the navigator reboots.. and again the same sequence I already described.
    The serial number begins with ST (it is a GO 1005 Camper & Caravan) ST6113G00925.
    Hints?
  • Jenny1949Jenny1949 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I have a go live 1005 camper and caravan. Updated my maps (so I thought) drive connect says "all done" now it will not open up just shows home screen on and off every 30seconds. Tried connecting to pc but it keeps saying no t connected. HELP anyone !!
    edited April 2019
    Hi @rodney49

I was thinking of the suggestions that have been made by

The Video posted by Johnst page 4
    The Post By VikranK on page 4
    The Solution suggested by Harleydee on Page 5

Your unit has 8gb of internal memory and the ability to add an Extra memory, 16gb or 32gb is recommended, by inserting a Micro SD Class 10 memory card. I assume at this point you have not got any extra memory added to your unit and the latest Update has filled the internal memory such that it cannot operate properly.

Doug
    5150user wrote: »
    SteveM_it wrote:
    I have a 1005 go live camper device. I recently updated the unit with a new map etc. The device is now stuck in a boot look.
    The startup screen displays for 30 sec to 1 min and then the device reboots.
    I have tried holding the power button until the drum sound but no difference.
    I have tried booting to the black and white screen and when I connect the USB lead the My Drive Connect activates and shows that the PC and see the device. After about 30 Seconds the device shuts down and the returns to the boot loop.
    The device was working perfectly before the update.

Where do I go from here to get my unit working???

hi Steve

try the work around as seen in this thread

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/go-800-1000-2000-series-via-series-start-20-and-60-series-mydrive-connect-19/tt-camper-1005-not-starting-since-new-map-installed-1041513/index2.html#

The above thread is not working !!
    Johnst wrote: »
    So here the video.
    Good luck.

gr,
    John

Video not available
    Hi @Jenny1949

Johnst reposted the video later and I have checked it is working.

Doug
    CampDemon wrote: »
    Quick update - I called UK customer services (02079 290132) who said they were aware of the issue and the technical team were looking into it. Plugged my TomTom in today, just thought I'd give it another go, it loaded up ok, linked to the computer and did some updates!! Worked fine on a local trip and has not lost any favourites etc. I have no idea if they have managed to resolve it and sent a fix via the TomTom live services? Either that or an elf has magically fixed it overnight. Totally bamboozled but a happy camper again.

It is now April and I have the same problem so I do not think TomTom have done anything about the update. I done my update on 28th march
  • millera1millera1 Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    Hi all...

Sadly looks like a lot of people have exactly the same problem as me. I have a GoLive-1005 Camper edition. Performed update to latest maps and software couple of weeks back. Following update the device was INITIALLY working ok. then within a day, the map stopped moving whilst we were driving (Good view of the sky). No touch screen response at all. Had to force a hard reset to get it to recover (*3 drum beats). Worked for another day or so ok. Then my traffic updates expired. Renewed them with GoLive connected to my MAC (MyDriveConnect-4.1.7.3413 on OSX 10.9.5). Update appeared to work ok. Device worked for a couple of days with traffic updates working then froze again. Did a hard reset and device hangs at welcome screen. Logged a support case. Was advised to perform a boot into recovery mode. Did this (complete with pressing the button 3 times - rather fiddly) then connect to MyDriveConnect. Got the initial "reinstalling software" message (cant remember exactly what it said). This disappeared after about 3 seconds. Device now gets stuck in an endless loop. (1) Blank screen (4 seconds); (2) Welcome screen (2m15s) then back to (1). Left it doing this all night. Support have said my device is broken and not repairable. They have offered my a very poor 20% of price of a new device and not even offered to refund my £60 for traffic updates. I dont believe this really is broken at all. It only became intermittant following latest s/w update and stopped working after the traffic subscription renewal. Anybody got any ideas please.
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @rodney49

I was thinking of the suggestions that have been made by

The Video posted by Johnst page 4
    The Post By VikranK on page 4
    The Solution suggested by Harleydee on Page 5

Your unit has 8gb of internal memory and the ability to add an Extra memory, 16gb or 32gb is recommended, by inserting a Micro SD Class 10 memory card. I assume at this point you have not got any extra memory added to your unit and the latest Update has filled the internal memory such that it cannot operate properly.

Doug

I am on the cogwheel screen, so the video does not apply.
    I have attempted tapping on the screen, but had no effect.
    I tried erasing the download folder in MyDrive Connect settings.
    Still having rebooting after few seconds of connection between the computer and the navigator.
    I have just installed a 32 GB SDcard in the slot.. apparently no effect.
    Will retry with the Download erasing, to see if something changes.
    I do remember I did update the NAVcore , not only the map.
    But the device worked for about one day ( and 200 km ...) , then suddenly it got slow..slow.. did not accept a destination.. finally got locked. Once switched off and on again it did not start showing only the start image.
    The reset story has already been told.
    It is my fifth day of attempts..
  • AlanplattAlanplatt Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I tried all sorts of things to stop the device from freezing up but none worked. Finally I did a partial factory reset for my USA/Canada map and now (so far), is working fine.
    Alanplatt wrote: »
    I tried all sorts of things to stop the device from freezing up but none worked. Finally I did a partial factory reset for my USA/Canada map and now (so far), is working fine.

Hello Alanplatt
    What do you mean for "partial factory reset" ? Please specify what you did..!
    Thanks.

Bruno
  • ZakkypongZakkypong Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    My GO 1005 has never missed a beat until two days ago. My Drive asked me to update, so I did. Then I got messages saying my device map needed updating, so I did.

Then, instantly I found myself in the same position as you guys. After speaking to two different support people, who could not find a solution, both said the device would need to be returned for repair. Ok i said, no charge though eh? The agent said, no you will have to pay.
    After me explaining I wasn't prepared to pay for TomTom's ropey software, they tried more fixes but, nothing.
    Then again repair was mentioned, so I told them I'll pay for the repair but, I'll never buy another TomTom product as long as I live.
    So, it ended with them saying leave it with us, and we'll see if there's another way.

Ok, as I had the afternoon free, I had the device charged up, and whilst working on my laptop and watching TV, every so often, I'd try the soft reset procedure (drum roll) and the device would either freeze, or get past that, then grey out and freeze.
    So, I then kept holding the button just long enough for the device to switch off, then after a couple of minutes, hold the switch for just a short time to switch on.

I did this many times over an hour or so randomly, and eventually bingo! the device booted up, found a signal and I had full control.

Now I had to decide whether to do a factory re set from the menu, or connect to the laptop.
    I decided to connect to the laptop, It updated the device again, and told me to disconnect, which I did, and I'm very relieved to say, my device is back alive and kicking!

I thought I'd post here as I read this thread when despairing, so thought it might give hope to others.
    My device was well and truly bricked, even the techs couldn't sort it but, it's fine now.

It would probably have been too boring and tedious for me to do, had I not been distracted with the laptop and TV. So, give it a try randomly, whilst lounging around or something.

Good luck

• JohnstJohnst Posts: 29 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Finally a confirmation that the problem can be solved!

Gr,
    John
  • SimonPBSimonPB Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    I'm having exactly the same problem with my golive1005 camper and caravan edition. Updated to the latest map and on next restart just goes through the cycle of splash screen (the one with the motorhome on it) and shuts down.

I have done the hold until the drumbeats reset countless times. Also done the hold until the black screen with white text.... three clicks to get the spinning cog screen and connect MyDrive... it says connecting... than connected and restoring and after 15 seconds the gps powers down and continues on the cycle again.
  • igselligsell Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same here after the update yesterday my GOLIVE 1005/GOLIVE CAMPER AND CARAVAN continuously reeboots.

Turn it on and it works for a minute, then the screen turns gray and an hourglass (circle) appears on the scrren then some seconds later it reeboots.
  • SimonPBSimonPB Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @dogface4legs

We have created a ticket internally for investigation of this issue.

To troubleshoot this problem our Product Team has created jobs in the backend which will remove some files that could be causing this issue.

I would want you to try the below steps please:

1. Without connecting the device to the computer open MyDrive Connect.
    2. Right-click the MyDrive Connect icon in the Windows notification area or Apple menu bar and then select > Settings
    3. Select the tab Downloads.
    4. Click Empty download folder.
    5. Click Save settings.
    6. Restart MyDrive Connect:
    Click the MyDrive Connect icon in the Windows notification area or Apple menu bar and then click Quit.
    7. Start MyDrive Connect.
    Windows: Click Start > All Programs > TomTom > MyDrive Connect.
    Macintosh: Double-click MyDriveConnect.app in the Applications folder.
    8. Connect your device and let the jobs process...
    You should see the spinning cogwheel.
    Once that finishes disconnect the device and test it!

Thanking you in advance for testing this... :)

Regards
    Vikram :)

Sorry this does not work. The GPS after about 45 seconds reboots.... and reboots... and reboots. Mine has the serial umber prefix ST so is supposed to be one of the supported models.
  • 5150user5150user Posts: 40 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Persevere because these are fixable

I have done a couple now but you must select a zone map and not the full map

This started following the upgrade to version 10.22 maps

When version 10.25 was released I tried the full map again but that caused the unit to fail with exactly the same problems so I had to reload a zone map even at v10.25
  • 5150user5150user Posts: 40 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Oophs typo above started after map v10.20 upgraded
  • NightwakerNightwaker Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    First things first - thank you all for figuring out how to force feed a smaller map zone into this poor thing I'm working on for a customer!!! Second - F¤&ck TomTom support!! They no longer have a sales team or any representation in Norway(I work for an electronics store), but now we don't even get phone support!! I've sold their unit for years. Now I'm relegated to a useless POS chat-system. I contacted them today, and was plainly told that this unit was "too old". "Sorry for any incoveniences." The posts here enabled me to help a desperate customer on the way to vacation, you really did save the day. So, Yay you!! F"#&k TomTom! We are now selling Garmin 770 Camper, wifi updates of lifetime maps and all. Have a great weekend, remember to grab som beers.

Nightwaker out.