GO LIVE 1005 keeps turning off/ freezing/rebooting - Page 3 — TomTom Community

GO LIVE 1005 keeps turning off/ freezing/rebooting

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,225 TomTom Moderator
    Hi Huwrhys

Thanks for coming back..

I have also sent you a PM asking you to install a different map I assigned to your account.

Could you please install it and see if the freezing problem still persists?

I would also suggest that you remove the Camper map using MyDrive Connect first.

That will help us understand if the problem is specific to installing the camper map.

Thank you
    Vikram :)
  • HuwrhysHuwrhys Posts: 16 [Master Explorer]
    As stated in my PM response there is no opportunity to install as the unit doesn't stop scrolling. I have tried resetting but it returns to the same issue. It will not connect to my laptop. I have tried to recover but it returns to the same issue. It won't do anything but scroll between the TT reset screen and the opening image. I have now thrown the unit away and replaced it at my own cost (which irritates me more than you could know!) and now have a hole in my account which I blame entirely on TT for their poor customer service and dishonest representative who stated that no one else had suffered the issue. I am happy to discuss with anyone who asks but the reality was that I need a Sat Nav now and as there was little or no support, I had to buy another.
  • JohnstJohnst Posts: 28 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    The problem is as long as the device is not fully started up,
    there is no interface with the PC.
    It is therefore impossible to load another map.

Try the possibilities that I have offered.
    See above information.
    gr,
    John
    Hi Johnst
    I tried the solution that you offered but still it resumes the cyclic behaviour as described. I gave up and bought a new one. My old one has been binned.
    Thanks for your help.
    Huw
  • JohnfrJohnfr Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I had a very long and in the end frustrating conversation with support, after my 1005 camper also suffered the same problem,which concluded with my unit causing the laptop to report device not connected, so no opportunity to try the remedies suggested here (and motorhome forums). Strange thing is if I go through the procedure to the cog wheels the unit then starts my drive on the laptop then says restoring unit,device screen eventually goes blank and when it restarts freezes at the start screen so obviously nothing wrong with the connection. The most annoying thing about all this is the total denial by TomTom there is an issue.
    Exactly the same issues that I had. As you say the denial is really frustrating.
  • 5150user5150user Posts: 40 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    VikramK wrote:
    @Huwrhys

I see that you installed the map on 28/12/2018.

This question is for everyone reporting this bug:

Did you see this happening only after installing the new map update v10.20?

Regards
    Vikram

Yes both tomtom go live 1005 camper devices owned by two different friends of mine loaded the updated full europe map v10.20 though at same time a quickGPS update also probably got installed

and both worked ok on same day ,, but both packed up ( continuous restart loop) the next time they were powered up

i have managed ( with a LOT OF EFFORT) to recover both and have now loaded just a zone map and both are working ok

without a doubt that update has bricked these devices , how many thousands of others are affected ?
    Huwrhys wrote:
    Hi Johnst
    I tried the solution that you offered but still it resumes the cyclic behaviour as described. I gave up and bought a new one. My old one has been binned.
    Thanks for your help.
    Huw

If the owner can’t fix them then these units should be returned to tomtom as their update bricked them regardless of being out of warranty

Having customers being forced to bin them and buying new suggests this to be a ploy by tomtom to sell new units
  • SteveM_itSteveM_it Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited January 31
    I have a 1005 go live camper device. I recently updated the unit with a new map etc. The device is now stuck in a boot look.
    The startup screen displays for 30 sec to 1 min and then the device reboots.
    I have tried holding the power button until the drum sound but no difference.
    I have tried booting to the black and white screen and when I connect the USB lead the My Drive Connect activates and shows that the PC and see the device. After about 30 Seconds the device shuts down and the returns to the boot loop.
    The device was working perfectly before the update.

Where do I go from here to get my unit working???
    Hi Steve

Welcome to the community!

We have some similar reports on a different topic.

We are trying to see if the latest map update(camper) is causing this.

I have added a smaller map UK and ROI to your account, could you remove the Camper map; install the UK & ROI and then check if the issues persists?

Thanks
    Vikram
  • SteveM_itSteveM_it Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Vikram,

Thank you for the speedy reply but as my unit is boot looping I am unable to gain access to the unit. It reboots before it connects to the PC.
    Is there interest that I make a video of the way I can make the device work again?
    gr,
    John
    Johnst wrote:
    Is there interest that I make a video of the way I can make the device work again?
    gr,
    John

Yes great idea

sounds as though people are binning theirs when they don't need too so anything to help !!!!
    SteveM_it wrote:
    I have a 1005 go live camper device. I recently updated the unit with a new map etc. The device is now stuck in a boot look.
    The startup screen displays for 30 sec to 1 min and then the device reboots.
    I have tried holding the power button until the drum sound but no difference.
    I have tried booting to the black and white screen and when I connect the USB lead the My Drive Connect activates and shows that the PC and see the device. After about 30 Seconds the device shuts down and the returns to the boot loop.
    The device was working perfectly before the update.

Where do I go from here to get my unit working???

hi Steve

try the work around as seen in this thread

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/go-800-1000-2000-series-via-series-start-20-and-60-series-mydrive-connect-19/tt-camper-1005-not-starting-since-new-map-installed-1041513/index2.html#
    SteveM_it wrote:
    Vikram,

Thank you for the speedy reply but as my unit is boot looping I am unable to gain access to the unit. It reboots before it connects to the PC.

maybe as TOMTOM have pushed you a smaller map you maybe able top restore it by getting device to display cogs and then connect to mydrive

hold on/off button until blackscreen with white lines of text

then press on/off button three quick presses

cog should appear on screen then connect to PC and mydrive connect
    I will make it.
    But I had expected a few more reactions.

If TomTom does not block me, what happens now and then!
    gr,
    john
    So here the video.
    Good luck.

gr,
    John
  • moz207_un92moz207_un92 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited January 31
    Hi

I have had this tom tom quite a few years. However when I switch it on with full battery, all appears to be ok, I set the address but within a few seconds it goes off and reboots with the drums.
    I have tried holding down the rest button on the top but the same always happens.

Can this be fixed?

Thanks

Maurice
    Hi Moz207

welcome to the community

Did you recently install the Camper map v10.20 on your device?

Regards
    Vikram
  • moz207_un92moz207_un92 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Vikram
    thanks for the kind welcome.

I haven’t loaded anything onto the device since I bought it about 7 years ago. I was just assuming it is old and worn out.....a bit like me.
  • BartonmanBartonman Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks Niall, tried your suggestion but unfortunately this didn't work.
    Is there any other way I could access the unit?
  • BartonmanBartonman Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks Johnst, unfortunately  the link to this page is no longer available.
  • trobertshaw19_un30trobertshaw19_un30 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Exactly the same problem here. When I click on the link it comes up with 'Page not found'. Also it will not connect to my computer.
    I'm having exactly the same problem.
    Is it just a coincidence that I have been getting emails from TOMTOM this week encouraging me to buy a new unit?