Stuck on please wait — TomTom Community

Stuck on please wait

Emmajane25Emmajane25 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
My watch is stuck on please wait, I've used it to run once and I am attempting to use it to run today and it's stuck on the please wait screen. It automatically syncs to my phone so I don't know why it's not working now. It's the TomTom sparks music watch

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,621
    Superusers
    Which of the icons is flashing at the top of the screen? If it is the heart it means it cannot get an HR signal. If it is the satellite, it means it can't get satellites. Are you syncing every three days to get the latest Quick GPs file?

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • peggywpeggyw Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    I am having the same problem with my TomTom spark + cardio. I bought the watch in Nov 2015 and it's been fine until the past few months.
    Now, when I run, it may take a 15-20 minutes with the "please wait" lit. The GPS is flashing but i don't understand why it can't get a signal. I'm standing at the end of my driveway, the same place I've started my runs for the past 3 years.
    Is the GPS just broken? Tough to marathon train when you can't even start a run!
  • peggywpeggyw Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    As a Ps to the above note, after every run I plug my watch into my computer and it goes through what I think is the "sync procedure." Then I leave the watch charging (not plugged into the computer) in between runs. But since I run every other day, it syncs every other day so I'm guessing it must be up to date. Is that correct?