Home screen on XL live — TomTom Community

Home screen on XL live

arpomarpom Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
I have got an XL Live and want to clear the home screen - the screen that comes on as soon as the unit it turned on. Does anyone know how to remove it and return it to its original?

Thanks

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,810
    Superuser
    @arpom

There is one option for setting the startup screen and one option as to which image is displayed at shutdown.

This is how the startup / shutdown screens work. You can install three files on the gps

1. Startup screen - file name "splashw.bmp" ( 4.3 - 5 inch screen) / "splash.bmp" for 3.5 inch screeen

2. Shutdown screen - file name "suspendw.bmp" (4.3 -5 inch screen) / "suspend.bmp" for 3.5 inch screen

3. Secondary shutdown - file name "antitheftw.bmp" (4.3 - 5 inch screen / "antitheft.bmp" for 3.5 inch screen.

The image size must be 340 X 240 pixels for a 3.5 inch screen and 480 X 272 for the larger screens.

When the gps starts up, it looks for a file called splashw.bmp (large screens), if it finds one the gps will display it.

When the gps shutsdown it looks for a file named suspendw.bmp or antitheftw.bmp depending on the setting for "Safety Preferences" -> " Warn me not to leave the device in the car". If this option is checked then the file antitheftw.bmp is displayed at shutdown.

It is important that the image size (pixels) matches the display size or the image may not be displayed or displayed incorrectly.

When you download an image from Home, the server does not check for the correct size image so you may have to resize the image with something like Paint.
  • arpomarpom Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @Niall

Thanks Niall. At the moment the screen has a picture on it that I don't want and I was hoping to be able to remove it. Do you know how to do that?
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,810
    Superuser
    @arpom

Using 'File Explorer' (if on a Windows PC or 'Finder' on a Mac) replace the splashw.bmp file in the root directory of your device, with a 480 x 272 pixel picture of what you want to see on start up.