Bluetooth headphones

XanVilXanVil Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
edited January 29 in TomTom Adventurer
Hi,
I am about to by the VAVA MOOV 28 bluetooth headphones.
They are not very expensive and have good reviews, but I read there are many users having trouble connecting bluetooth headphones with the watch.

Is there anyone using this model or anyone that tried to?
If not, any suggestion on what sport headphones to buy (under 50 €)?

I would appreciate your feedback.

Thanks so much in advance.

Comments

• CbeeBeeCbeeBee Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi XanVil, I have a pair of Kitsound Outrun Bluetooth Earbuds I bought new from Ebay for £21 (Euro25?). The sound is great and they are strong, light, grip my ears well and are water resistant. I run in rain without a problem. However I find that the Bluetooth range is only about 0.75m so it is fine while running - but they may not work reliably if you were skiing/snowboarding with arms straight.
    I recently tried my daughter's even cheaper headphones but they would not link to my Explorer.
    Tomtom have a list of tested headphones at https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/sports/fitness-watches/spark-Bluetooth-headphones/
    Good luck in finding some you like
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,172 [Superusers]
    XanVil wrote:
    Hi,
    They are not very expensive and have good reviews, but I read there are many users having trouble connecting bluetooth headphones with the watch.

Most BT LE devices should work, but some work better than others. Price seems to not be a factor as the cheaper ones often seem to work better than the expensive ones. This is due to the fact that cheap models are more likely to use the base BT protocols and not customize them for advanced features or settings like more expensive models do (and there is no way of knowing if a manufacturer has tweaked the protocols to take them out of compliance). The BT standard is in such a way a 'standard' that it can be widely interpreted with different settings for buffer sizes, time outs, profiles, protocols, antenna configurations, etc.. TomTom cannot change their code every time a manufacturers messes with the BT coding. This is a case where paying more will not increase the chances of connectivity, it may actually decrease it. There are thousands of models out there so there is no way for TT to test them all and since the manufacturers often tweak the BT settings there is no way to know upfront if a pair will work or not. At a minimum they need to be BT LE and support A2DP and AVRCP, the two protocols necessary to play music. Your best bet is to buy them from someplace with a good return policy so if they don't work you can return them and try another brand.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • XanVilXanVil Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    XanVil wrote:
    Hi,

Most BT LE devices should work, but some work better than others. Price seems to not be a factor as the cheaper ones often seem to work better than the expensive ones. This is due to the fact that cheap models are more likely to use the base BT protocols and not customize them for advanced features or settings like more expensive models do (and there is no way of knowing if a manufacturer has tweaked the protocols to take them out of compliance). The BT standard is in such a way a 'standard' that it can be widely interpreted with different settings for buffer sizes, time outs, profiles, protocols, antenna configurations, etc.. TomTom cannot change their code every time a manufacturers messes with the BT coding. This is a case where paying more will not increase the chances of connectivity, it may actually decrease it. There are thousands of models out there so there is no way for TT to test them all and since the manufacturers often tweak the BT settings there is no way to know upfront if a pair will work or not. At a minimum they need to be BT LE and support A2DP and AVRCP, the two protocols necessary to play music. Your best bet is to buy them from someplace with a good return policy so if they don't work you can return them and try another brand.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.

Hi, I look up the specs of the VAVA headphones and it says:
    • CD-Like Audio Quality with aptX: Advanced audio codec produces richer, fuller sound while providing the convenience of wireless streaming; support A2DP, AVRCP, HSP, and HFP profiles
    So I am going to give them a try.
    I´ll let you know how it goes.
  • XanVilXanVil Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hi tfarabaugh
    The Vava Moov 28 headphones arrived yesterday.
    I just tried them and I was happy to see that they connected on the first try. They are working fine, even several meters far from the watch.
    I guess checking that they supported A2DP protocols was key.

Thanks for your help.
  • jonnyjainjonnyjain Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    When you have need more help regarding your Dell Bluetooth device you can contact at Dell Bluetooth Driver it can provide a blog that guides you very simple and quick steps that resolve a number of an error.