Watch strap broken

martukmartuk Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
In less than a year my husbands and my Spark fitness watch straps have broken. We are not happy at all, as I purchased my husbands for his birthday and he loved it so much that he bought me one a month later. We purchased our son a garmin junior and that strap has out lasted the TT watches. Please advise whether a large and small strap could be replaced under warranty / for free. Thank you.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,190 [Superusers]
    martuk wrote:
    In less than a year my husbands and my Spark fitness watch straps have broken. We are not happy at all, as I purchased my husbands for his birthday and he loved it so much that he bought me one a month later. We purchased our son a garmin junior and that strap has out lasted the TT watches. Please advise whether a large and small strap could be replaced under warranty / for free. Thank you.
    The strap is covered under warranty. Either use the self-service site in the link below or call Customer support and they will take care of it, they are very good about replacing them. To get the number for Customer Support, choose Contact at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen). The best way to avoid damaging the strap is to not take the watch out of the strap when charging. It is designed so that the dock slips between the watch and the band which limits the amount of twisting. Also, when taking it on and off do not yank on the strap, pull it gently to the desired tightness then snap it in place, which puts less stress on rubber.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/strap_repair
  • Stephen BlakeStephen Blake Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I received a replacement strap approximately 3 months ago which has now split. I am so disappointed with this product now especially as I have hardly worn it due to an operation which has prevented me from taking part in my usual sporting activities. I have tried to order another replacement and have submitted the request but believe it has not registered. Can you please advise as to what I can do next?
  • lampardlampard Posts: 3,628 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Hi Stephen,

Welcome to the Community!

I can see that your strap replacement request is with customer support now and someone will get in touch with you soon to confirm the same.

Cheers, lampard
  • MigsMoreiraMigsMoreira Posts: 5 [Neophyte Traveler]
    TomTom watches are great but the straps are a MASSIVE let down. I for sure wont buy another one until this issue is sorted. I have now had my 4th strap break and they are very quick to turnaround and say that its out of warranty. My last strap was sent to me in January and has now broken again today.

Really disappointing guys. I could understand after 2 years but not in 10months.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,190 [Superusers]
    TomTom watches are great but the straps are a MASSIVE let down. I for sure wont buy another one until this issue is sorted. I have now had my 4th strap break and they are very quick to turnaround and say that its out of warranty. My last strap was sent to me in January and has now broken again today.

Really disappointing guys. I could understand after 2 years but not in 10months.
    There is not another one to buy, TT Sports went out of business a year ago and stopped all production and development. They are just selling old inventory at this point and the watches are not being updated and new straps are not being produced.
  • RyanandAmyRyanandAmy Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I have just had my 6th strap break, last strap lasted less than 6 months. Sent a email but let me guess it will take months to replace. Will not be buying another Tom Tom device again
  • KateBillyKateBilly Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    My watch strap has broken yet again, as well as having a continued problem with the HR BPM not working! The times i've tried to contact TomTom I have an email saying we can't email you on the email address??? that really doesn't make sense! really disappointed by the product, the not fit for purpose strap and bad customer service.....can anyone actually help!??? you can't keep producing straps which clearly are faulty! suprised I haven't lost it on one of my runs....