Music Glitches and drop-outs — TomTom Community

Music Glitches and drop-outs

johnhowsamjohnhowsam Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Adventurer
Hi, I have a new Adventurer running the latest software and a new set of beats solo3 wireless headphones. The headphones work fine with my iphone and my laptop but the music from the watch glitches all the time. It is awful to listen to. I have changed wrist and even put the watch right next to the headphones but it still continually drops notes. This feature is totally unusable. Please help as I went out especially to get decent headphones so that I could listen to music when I train without having to take my phone with me

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,576
    Superusers
    Unfortunately, other than wearing it on the same side of the body as the headphone antennas, there is not much you can do. Price seems to not be a factor as the cheaper ones often seem to work better than the expensive ones. This is due to the fact that cheap models are more likely to use the base BT protocols and not customize them for advanced features or settings like more expensive models do (and there is no way of knowing if a manufacturer has tweaked the protocols to take them out of compliance). The BT standard is in such a way a 'standard' that it can be widely interpreted with different settings for buffer sizes, time outs, profiles, protocols, antenna configurations, etc.. TomTom cannot change their code every time a manufacturers messes with the BT coding. This is a case where paying more will not increase the chances of connectivity, it may actually decrease it. There are thousands of models out there so there is no way for TT to test them all and since the manufacturers often tweak the BT settings there is no way to know upfront if a pair will work or not.

There is really no solution besides varying the location of the watch. I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • johnhowsamjohnhowsam Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Sorry, but I don't accept your explanation:
    1. I have tested it by holding the watch right next to the headphones and regardless of the location of the watch, the sound always clips heavily. If I could get it to work in just even one location then I would accept your explanation
    2. In regards base BT protocols why is it my beats work with every other bluetooth transmitter, including iphone, iwatch, Samsung galaxy, my acer 2-in-1 notebook and ipad1,
    3. Please provide me with 3 makes of bluetooth headphones c/w model number that are known and proven to work with the watch and I will go and test one and if it works buy one
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,576
    Superusers
    I am not sure what clips heavily means. In any case, the watch is what it is. It has a small transmitter with a tiny battery so it is never going to be as good as a computer or phone, which can transmit at a stronger level (and the class of the watch legally limits the transmission level). Since I am just a user and don't work for TT (no one other than the mods on here do) I am not going to provide you with anything (you are incredibly rude to someone who is just trying to help by the way) so good luck and have fun.
  • johnhowsamjohnhowsam Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    To be honest I thought you was from TomTom. Your advice was far too specific and detailed, incorporating standards and technical stuff in such a way for me to think you couldn't just be another guy offering suggestions to a fellow punter. If I had of known you were not from TomTom I would have just said; "Cheers mate, tried that, doesn't work"

There's a lesson in this for both of us. Happy Days!