Map Update Problem — TomTom Community

Map Update Problem

Simon ColeSimon Cole Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
I purchased annual map update package on 15 December 2017 for my GO 740. I have not yet received the first of these updates. Today 22 January 2018 I receive an e-mail telling me that map updates for my device are no longer available. How do I contact TomTom (I am in the UK) to request a refund?
Note: Please don't recommend the 'Contact' link at the bottom of the web page - it asks to specify device and when I specify GO740 it says no online support is available and I can find no link to send TomTom an e-mail, not even through my account. What is going on?
Help please.
Simon

Comments

• [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    Call
    ca01e085-6212-4c00-b111-dd9dbded0c2e.jpg
    Simon Cole wrote:
    Note: ... it asks to specify device and when I specify GO740 it says no online support is available
    ...and do not specify your device.
  • Simon ColeSimon Cole Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks EthoZ
    You came through where the web site didn't. I talked to TomTom support and they told me the map update I purchased will be honoured, but I won't be able to buy any more. A pity the e-mail didn't say this!
    Simon
  • JBrushJBrush Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I too just found out that my XL IQ Routes device with lifetime maps will no longer receive updated maps. Am I happy about this? Noooooo!

The recommended replacement device is the Go 620. Although TomTom's price of $174 is a good one, a quick check on Amazon reveals that the reviews of the Go 620 are not very good. There are a ton of 1 Star votes with very good descriptions on why the GO 620 is not very good.

What am I going to do? Do I really have to tell you?
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,814
    Superuser
    @JBrush

Try contacting Customer Services to clarify your status

CS United States
    877-757-7137
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST