map update — TomTom Community

map update

folkcamperfolkcamper Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited November 2018 in Map purchasing
I updated my software in December.
I have received an email today (22/1/18) which states my device is no longer supported.
does this mean that I have wasted money on updates that will no longer be supplied.

Comments

• [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Supreme Navigator]
    VikramK wrote:
    In case you have an active subscription, you will be able to update the device till the subscription expires. Once the subscription has expired customers won't be able to renew the services.
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/news-and-announcements-37/end-of-life-for-tomtom-devices-with-2gb-internal-memory-1031975
  • julnoljulnol Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    And so VikramK, the choice is purchase the discounted upgraded model now and forgo the unused portion of the 1 year subscription or use up the subscription and miss out on the discount.

I don't believe this is at all ethical
  • AnnellaWAnnellaW Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I'm in the same boat. I just want to update the map now, which is what I've paid for. When I search on the website for the download, I can't find it. All that is there is the statement advising there are no more updates. I'm in Australia. How can I even find the update?

Offer me a 'lifetime' product to replace what I've got? LOL. Uh, the 'lifetime' offer will go the same way in a couple of years. Buy TomTom again and get ripped off? Yeah, nuh.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,956 Moderator
    Hi AnnellaW

You have a map update subscription which is valid until June 2018, the next updates which are scheduled in February and May 2018 which will be offered for download.

I have already mentioned this in the announcement which was posted last week, see here

Regards
    Vikram
    Thanks Vikram. I wasn't a member last week and I was hoping to update my map from the previous update, not wait until Feb, but this at least means I'll get a map. In the meantime, I have to use outdated maps.
    I'll be done with TomTom when this is over - their website is too confusing and their customer service is appalling. I really liked their product but won't continue to support it.

Thanks again.
  • sjm002sjm002 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    The email said updates will continue until subscription expires. As my XL 540 has lifetime maps and traffic subscription, will I continue to receive updated maps? Also why is the "operate my device" disabled in Tomtom Home?
    How do I mark the question as answered? Why is navigating the TomTom site so difficult? It's not intuitive at all. I am SO frustrated with this issue.