MyDrive does not connect to my new Samsung S8 — TomTom Community

MyDrive does not connect to my new Samsung S8

It connected excellently to my Sansung S7. However dos NOT connect with my new phone S8.

I have deleted the old link and reinstalled My Drive app from Google. It seems the bluetooth phone does not identify the Tom Tom GO 600 device. Works fine with other devices like Fitbit etc. Instructionsn how to activare Bluetooth has been followed.

Thanks

Comments

• nwxan90nwxan90 Posts: 14 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    I worked out this fix and posted it on a few forums, It has worked for me.

To get the phone to reconnect to the sat nav you have to wipe the cache partition on the S8.

Details below:
    1. Turn off the device.
    2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
    3. When the Android logo displays, release all keys ('Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
    4. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight “wipe cache partition.”
    5. Press the Power key to select.
    6. Press the Volume down key to highlight “yes” and press the Power key to select.
    7. When the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.
    8. Press the Power key to restart the device.
    Something must go wrong between the update to Android 0. The phone now connects I will take it out later and double check the traffic works.

Let me know how you get on.
  • JPxJPx Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi nwxan90,

After two and a half months of "no reply" from the discussions board I was close giving up. Thanks for popping up out of nowhere, offering your advise. Right now I am on an island, far away from my TomTom device to check functionality after wiping the cache on my S8 phone. I will however, when I am back in two weeks or less on solid land follow your directions step by step and report back. Again thanks., JP :-)
  • JPxJPx Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Back from the island; my TomTom device :sunglasses:GO 600 now communicates to my Samsung S8.
    Wipe the cache partition, as instructed, did the miracle.
    Again thanks!
  • Stuart_G4Stuart_G4 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I had the same issue with my Samsung S9+ and couldn't resolve it. Appeared to have occurred after a software update to my phone. Very frustrating so I tried with my old Samsung S6 and I had 'Traffic' on my TomTom Go 620 again. It then started to have the same issue as the S9+. Found this remedy and cleared the cache partition on both phones and now they both work as they should.

Thanks for your help.