Annoying arrow / bullseye symbol while following a GPX trail — TomTom Community

Annoying arrow / bullseye symbol while following a GPX trail

sifsif Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Adventurer
Hi all. I'm new to the forum. Perhaps this has been covered before.

I uploaded a gpx file of trail I'd not run before to my new Adventurer watch. Most if the time, the map data matches reality and following the line was easy. However, occasionally there's a mismatch, or I could't find the route on the ground (usually at field boundaries). I then get an big arrow and/or a giant bullseye symbol filling the screen. All very irritating, because the map screen that I need to navigate disappears at exactly the time I need it most!

I don't know what these symbols are trying to tell me, but they definitely aren't helpful! Can I turn them off?

Thanks

Simon

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,812
    Superusers
    sif wrote:
    Hi all. I'm new to the forum. Perhaps this has been covered before.

I uploaded a gpx file of trail I'd not run before to my new Adventurer watch. Most if the time, the map data matches reality and following the line was easy. However, occasionally there's a mismatch, or I could't find the route on the ground (usually at field boundaries). I then get an big arrow and/or a giant bullseye symbol filling the screen. All very irritating, because the map screen that I need to navigate disappears at exactly the time I need it most!

I don't know what these symbols are trying to tell me, but they definitely aren't helpful! Can I turn them off?

Thanks

Simon
    It sounds like you have a training mode on. From the start screen press down and go to Training>Off to disable it.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.