TomTom Runner frozen — TomTom Community

TomTom Runner frozen

Evan78Evan78 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Runner & Multi-Sport
I went for a run in the rain this morning and when I got back and tried to upload data to the app I found my watch was stuck on clock screen. I tried docking watch and connecting to laptop while holding down button but no luck. Then my wife said to put it in the hotpress to dry out. So I put it into a sock and left it in hotpress for a couple of hours and that fixed it.
I thought these watches were water resistant??.
Why does this happen?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,644
    Superusers
    Evan78 wrote:
    I went for a run in the rain this morning and when I got back and tried to upload data to the app I found my watch was stuck on clock screen. I tried docking watch and connecting to laptop while holding down button but no luck. Then my wife said to put it in the hotpress to dry out. So I put it into a sock and left it in hotpress for a couple of hours and that fixed it.
    I thought these watches were water resistant??.
    Why does this happen?
    The seal may have a hole in it. Call Customer Support and see what they can do about it. To get the number for Customer Support, click Contact us at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • FuttocksFuttocks Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks for posting this - I think this has happened to me in the last day or so.

No resets seemed to be working. I've left it on a dehumidifier to see what happens.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,644
    Superusers
    Futtocks wrote: »
    Thanks for posting this - I think this has happened to me in the last day or so.

No resets seemed to be working. I've left it on a dehumidifier to see what happens.

If it does not work you are out of luck. TT Sports went out of business almost 3 years ago and there is limited support and no repair service If it does not come back to life it is time for a new watch, there are plenty of brands out there with better feature sets for less money these days