average speed camera check — TomTom Community

average speed camera check

shuxshux Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Speed Cameras
I recently updated my GO 60 for the first time in quite a while. I am sure that even after my trial speed camera alerts ended I would get my average speed when going through an average speed camera area. It would show on my side bar. I used it this week and had no average speed info at all. Is this a fault with the upgrade?

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,854
    Superuser
    @shux

Can you give details of which average speed camera zone that failed to be displayed.

Also remember after each up date to do a soft reset, you will loose nothing, it is like rebooting your computer and reloads all the new files from an update.

A soft reset :- with your device charged for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply; press and hold your on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound (or the TomTom hands symbol appears) then release the on/off button. Make sure you are outside and have a clear view of the sky (satellites)
  • shuxshux Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks Niall, apologies for the delay, I've just finished a trip of over 700 miles covering East Anglia, Wales and the North West and never received one camera alert let alone any average speed prompts. Haven't tried the soft reset yet although I do always shutdown the sat nav at the end of a trip. It's not normally left to go to sleep. I am right in thinking that although I don't subscribe to camera updates I should still get warnings based on the database when my subscription ended?????

Thanks