One XL corrupted software — TomTom Community

One XL corrupted software

p.snowp.snow Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
I am trying to find any way of reinstalling software for my One XL,
It was working fine but outdated with maps and I hadn't updated for a number of years recently I decided to try and update so connected to computer followed instructions and it appeared to be updating then an error occurred and informed me that my device was too old and no longer supported, unfortunately what ever information it managed to download has rendered it useless.
I can turn it on and it will find present location but will either turn itself off and then restart or it will let me enter a destination but will not calculate it and then turn itself off.
had I known any of this prior to trying an update I wouldn't have bothered and left it at least being a functioning device.
Any help will be gratefully recieved.

Pete

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,724
    Superusers
    Hi
    @p.snow
    Have you tried a Drum roll restart on the device ???? also see Note [1]
    Charge the device for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like re-booting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles......

Note [1]... Some early Tomtom models have a reset button for more Info see.....
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6965//session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDI2NjM0NDUyL3NpZC9EQTdTVHpobQ

ATB YFM
  • p.snowp.snow Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Yes tried all that several times, it will start up but takes 3 to 4 minutes to find it's location and then after another 2 or 3 minutes turn itself off.