No more updates for my VIA 110, bye bye TomTom

MarsBar
MarsBar Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
Just found out that there will no more be any updates for my VIA 110!! That's incredible!!! When I bought it you told me that I could have updated with new maps, no one told me only for ten years. That makes me very upset!!! You abandoned me... I abandon you, forever.

Bye bye TomTom!!!!!

Comments

• Niall
    Niall Posts: 11,174
    Superuser
    @MarsBar

That is only true if the serial number of your VIA 110 starts with "AG" but not if it starts with "AH"
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan UKPosts: 21,480
     Superuser
    Hi
    @[email protected]
    What does “lifetime” mean?
    Lifetime is the useful life of the device, which means the period of time that TomTom continues to support your device with software updates, services, content or accessories. A device will have reached the end of its life when none of these are available any more. The useful life of the smartphone app means the period of time that TomTom continues to support the app with updates.
    Lifetime Services can only be used on the device or app they have been purchased with and cannot be transferred to another TomTom device or app.

To learn more about Lifetime TomTom Services such as Lifetime Maps, TomTom Traffic and Speed Cameras, please visit....
    tomtom.com/lifetime.

ATB YFM
  • Austinpeck
    Austinpeck Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    False advertising if you ask me!! I bought my GPS in 2014 and Just got the email, with a "KILLER" 30% off on the next GPS (can you hear the sarcasim?) I just bought a new vehicle and will never need another GPS again - thank god - because this company will NEVER EVER get my money again!!! 3 freaking years of lifetime maps!! Never ever buy another TomTom again!! Hope the lawsuits keep coming like Apple!!