Fitness age on Adventurer — TomTom Community

Fitness age on Adventurer

Turbo DirkTurbo Dirk Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Adventurer
i run 3 times a week 10 km and my age is 72 years on my watch . but mij realy age is 59
is er a posible to delet the age op te app

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,526
    Superusers
    You cannot edit Fitness Age, if you don't agree with it, just ignore it. Running 3x a week is not really that important, it is how high your HR gets during those runs. Fitness Points and Fitness Age are based on VO2Max which is calculated from your HR. If you are not running intensely you are not increasing your VO2Max which will give you low Points and a high Age. If your HR zones are also not accurate it will throw it off.

I honestly don't feel you can make any judgments from what it is telling you in terms of fitness points or fitness age. It only uses runs or cycles to calculate points and while it does refine its readings over time but it seems to be a random, capricious measure that ties to very little. It is based on whatever algorithm TT came up with, which is different than what Garmin uses or Strava uses, or anyone else. Ultimately I don't expect a watch to be able to tell me how fit I am.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.