Sending Routes from MyDrive to 6200 — TomTom Community

Sending Routes from MyDrive to 6200

KiwiPeteKiwiPete Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
Apologies if this is a repeat question - I have seen similar topics, but still don't feel like I have a satisfactory understanding.

I'm home at location A. I have created a route using MyDrive which starts at location B, has a stop at Location C, and then a final destination at Location D.

I select the route from the list in My Routes, click edit so that the Send to Device button appears, and then click the button.

My powered up Go 6200 then says that a new destination has been received, and it shows an active route from my current location (A) to the destination (Location D).

This is clearly not what I want, and I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I want to use MyDrive to create a bunch of routes for different parts of an upcoming roadtrip, send them all to the My Routes list on my 6200 and then just call up the appropriate one each day. Of course I can just create them all on the GPS but I thought it would be easier to use my drive.

Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Comments

• [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    On the device a route always starts at the GPS position and skips the starting point created in MyDrive (location B ).
    Do this trick: In MyDrive add a stop just behind the starting point (location B ). When you are near location B (in reality), the device navigates to this first stop and then to the other stops or the destination (D).
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,704
    Superusers
    Hi
    @KiwiPete
    Plan your journey
    Instead of 'Send to Device'
    Try....
    Tap the 'Save' Option button (A new window opens)
    Slide the 'Sync this route as a track with my device' switch to 'On'
    Tap 'Save' ( the Track will now sync with your device

If your present location is not the start of your A B C D Route
    On your device....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> MyRoutes... Select the required Route
    With the Track loaded either....
    (1)... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Curent Track... Drive to Starting Point
    (2)... With the Track loaded... Tap on the displayed route, a quick menu opens
    Tap on the 3Dot Menu... Tap Drive to Start point

For a route Demo of your Track from A -> B -> C -> D....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Curent Track... Play Track Preview

ATB YFM
    Superusers
    During an "A" to "B" route transfer.....
    The device drops Location "A"

This bug applies to all NAV4/(5 Wifi) devices
    After you have created your "A" to "B" route using the MyDrive Web (2) Route planner where "A" isn't your present location
    When you sync the route to your device using the "Send to Device" menu option
    I think the device removes your planned "A" location and moves it to your present location, but it doesn't replace your original "A" location with a stop, and so the route misses the original "A" location

Note...[1] This bug applies to routes where "A" is not your present location
    For example Route from "A" Birkenhead to "B" Manchester, my present location (Worcestershire)
    Also, See Note... [2] Below... Multi-stop Routes
    444872c5-d98d-4037-bb84-7caa34c66134.png
    The device receives the route -> Calculates the route from my present location (Worcestershire)... Then completely ignores "A" Birkenhead

Screen GO 520
    7ba8e529-64dc-474f-ba72-370a53bb64c1.jpg
    Workaround... When planning your route if you place a sacrificial stop right next to the planned Start of your "A" to "B" Route
    464796f9-fa4e-434f-90bc-0b080901c3cd.png
    Then when you sync the route to your device using the "Send to Device" menu option, the device still moves your planned start to your present location... But the sacrificial stop holds the correct route... From your Present location to original "A" then "B"
    In the above example... Worcestershire --> Birkenhead --> Manchester

Screen GO 520
    a9750a55-17c1-46b5-acd8-ff01002a20f0.jpg

Note... [2] This bug also applies also to Multi-Stop/Waypoint routes... 'A' to 'B' to 'C' to' D' to 'E' etc
    When you sync the route to your device using the "Send to Device" menu option
    I think the device removes your planned "A" location and moves it to your present location, but it doesn't replace your original "A" location with a stop, and so the route misses the original "A" location

The same bug existed within the MYDdrive Web (2) Route planner, the route planner also dropped point A
    But that bug appears to have been fixed?

ATB YFM
  • tugmantugman Posts: 337 [Revered Navigator]
    I never use mydrive planner but tyre or my route app as it is less hassle and you have the option to save the planned route in various formats.
    Example. Holiday in europe. I start the route at the tunnel in France by activating the previous planned loaded route while on the train.
    My ride down to The tunnel is a separate route.
    To get the route from the computer to the device I use the double screen drop and drag method to copy the route from the computer to the main memory on the device.
    Superusers
    edited March 2019
    Hi
    @KiwiPete
    If you prefer to use the 'Send to Device' option
    Plan your A -> B -> C -> D journey... Remember to use a sacrificial stop right next to the planned Start Point of your route
    Tap 'Send to Device'
    When the device has calculated your route... Pinch zoom the Map to the planned start point 'A' and Long Tap on the Point 'A' Start point, a Quick Menu opens... Tap on the 3Dot menu... Select 'Use as a Starting point'
    The device recalculates the route from the 'New Staring point'
    Tap the 4Dot Menu (....) --> Tap Current Route --> Add to my Routes... Accept or Edit offered route name... Tap 'Add' your Route will be added to MyRoutes

Note... Long Tap = Tap hold for + 1 Second... Long and Short Taps give different menu options

If your present location is not the start of your A B C D Route
    On your device....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> MyRoutes... Select the required Route
    With the Route loaded.... Tap 4Dot (....) --> Current Route... 'Drive to Route'

For a route Demo of your Route from A -> B -> C -> D....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Current Route... Play Route Preview

ATB YFM