Spark, Chest Straps and Heart Rate Variability

highstream
highstream Registered Users Posts: 30
Master Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Are their HRV-capable chest straps that are compatible with the Spark HR and whose info that can be fed into an HRV app? Thanks,

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,932
    Superuser
    Most HRV capable straps will work with the Spark as long as they transmit BT+, but all the watch will use is the HR data, it does not do HRV. The strap would need to go into an app separately from the watch as you can't connect to two devices at the same time so you would need to use the watch or an app, not both. And the data collected by the watch will not have and HRV data so uploading a file afterwards will not work.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • highstream
    highstream Registered Users Posts: 30
    Master Traveler
    I marked the reply as the answer prematurely. What I'm unclear about is does an HRV/BT+ capable chest strap itself transmit (e.g., to an iPad) or would I also need to use another HR watch instead of the Spark?
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,932
    Superuser
    highstream wrote:
    I marked the reply as the answer prematurely. What I'm unclear about is does an HRV/BT+ capable chest strap itself transmit (e.g., to an iPad) or would I also need to use another HR watch instead of the Spark?
    The strap will transmit to any device that accepts the protocol and has the software to read it, so most any smartphone or tablet should be able to read a BT+ strap. You could theoretically have the watch on collecting regular HR data and a strap transmitting to an iPad collecting HRV data, but again you will not be able to combine them in MySports (there are other third party apps that will do it though). You will also not be able to have the strap transmit to an iPad app and the watch at the same time, it is a one-to-one relationship.