Adventurer Smartwatch Skiing — TomTom Community

Adventurer Smartwatch Skiing

JNKJNK Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Adventurer
I recently bought an Adventurer SportsWatch and generally I'm very happy with it. Unfortunately I have to problems:
1) Skiing activity.
a) After sync. the length of activity in Tom Tom application is much longer than in Watch. After automatic data exporting from Watch to Application all "ski lifts" are included. The proper value is on the Watch, which doesn't show the length of "ski lifts)
b) Are there any possibilities to check the length and max speed of each split/length in Skiing mode. No data in Watch and in TomTom application
2) Problem with automatic exporting data from TomTom to Runkeeper. All sent activities have incomplete data (splits and charts are missed in mobile runkeeper application. This problem doesn’t exist when I manually download data from TomTom app (in gpx file) and upload them to Runkeeper.

How I can fix above mentioned issues
Thanks for quick response

Regards
J.

Comments

• JNKJNK Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I have forgotten to add photos which shows the difference between data on the watch and in the application. See attached file526e7bd5-8388-47ca-801a-84b9a7631c84.gif
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,816
    Superusers
    Make sure you do not have auto pause turned on. It is in the activities settings in the watch (press down from the start screen) or in MySports under your Settings you can toggle it on and off by activity (click your name in the upper right of the MySports page). if it is on then it is removing paused time and distance in MySports which is why they would disagree.

You cannot get max speed as it would likely be inaccurate. GOS points are only accurate to within 20-30m of your true position, so subsequent readings may actually be behind the prior one, so it would show incorrect speed issues. For example, if point 1 was 25m behind you and point 2 was 25 m in front of you, it would think you covered 50m in 1 second, which you did not. This is the nature of GPS and the watch has algorithms to factor these overlapping or disparate points out to get an overall distance and speed, but it does not discern between individual points to determine what is the true max speed and what is a data glitch. I am not saying it cannot be done, TT has just chosen not to implement it. And since they have left the wearables market and are not producing any more devices, I would not expect this to be added in the future.

For the RunKeeper issue, the automatic export uses fit files, which may not have the split data. If you can get it from manually importing the other format, I would use that method instead.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
    Thank you for your quick response and help.

I have auto pause turned on all the time. I will turned it off and check tomorrow. But if I turned it off will I have only total distance of my daily downhills visible? I want to know only downhills distance without length of ski lift. So as I understand the data which are visible in the watch are true (when auto pause is turn on) , because that one which I see in My Sports includes length of ski lift - 10,51km on the watch vs 17,13km in MySports. If it is impossible to see only downhills length, skiing activity (and probably snowboard activity) is useless.

Regarding maximum speed - thank you for clarifying.

For the runkeeper issue. Above mentioned problem appears only in mobile application.
    When I check data on web runkeeper app. all of them are correct. I can check splits and charts. So automatic export files for sure include the split and chart data.

If I have no choice and will have to export data from TT to runkeeper manualy please let me know how I can do it "in a group", e.g. all activities from 1st of January till 18th of January. I can't find such option. I can only export one by one activity

And the last question - all my activities are automatically saved on my PC. Where are the files with all data. I can not localize them in TomTom folder

Regards
    J.
    Superusers
    JNK wrote:

If I have no choice and will have to export data from TT to runkeeper manualy please let me know how I can do it "in a group", e.g. all activities from 1st of January till 18th of January. I can't find such option. I can only export one by one activity

And the last question - all my activities are automatically saved on my PC. Where are the files with all data. I can not localize them in TomTom folder
    If you have MySports set yo extract a data file (in the same place you set up the RunKeeper connection) it will save it to your computer, but only when you sync by computer, not by the app. You can go to MySports and go to your Account (click your name in the top right, go to Settings>Manage My Account and there is an Option there for Manage My Data. Click this and you will be able to download all activities (but you cannot specify a date range).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
    Thanks. Clear.

So only one problem needs to be resolved - Skiing activity.
    As you suggested I have checked skiining activity with turned off auto pause. To be honest it doesn't make sense, because watch is running all the time and shows total distance (consist of downhills and length of ski lift). This is useless information. I need to know how much kilometers I have made when going only downhill (without ski lift).
    From my point of view auto pause should be turned on all the time. In such situation watch shows only length of downhill (that is what I need, it works perfect). The problem appears when data are transfered to MySport app. After that data in My Sport include length of ski lift. I have no idea why, because watch shows proper data. . Please check my previous attachment. Watch shows 10.51km (only downhill, proper data), after exporting this activity to MySport app I have 17,13km (downhill+length of ski lift).

Regards
    J.
    Superusers
    It is just the way they programmed it and they are not going to change it now. Considering TT has left the wearables market and is not producing any new devices (and never even released the Adventurer in the US), I would assume at this point any updates will be limited to bug fixes (and even that may be limited - it has been over three months since the last update broke connectivity for many users and introduced battery drain issues and that is still unresolved). I would not expect much more development and certainly not something major particularly on the watch side (they may continue to tweak the MySports site and app, but not the watches themselves).

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.