VIA 620

zapbuzz
zapbuzz Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
Nothing wrong with it. I saw a notice saying stopped selling map updates and other services for this device. Well so much for lifetime map updates and no I will not buy another through the special offer this navigation device cost a damn fortune is why I got the lifetime map offer.
Lifetime is for life.
If the lifetime marketing is for the device it should have been mentioned as such on the sales agreements and marketing slogans.
Thus now I know lifetime is just for what .... 3 to 5 years.

Comments

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,832
     Superuser
    Hi
    @zapbuzz
    What does “lifetime” mean?
    Lifetime is the useful life of the device, which means the period of time that TomTom continues to support your device with software updates, services, content or accessories. A device will have reached the end of its life when none of these are available any more. The useful life of the smartphone app means the period of time that TomTom continues to support the app with updates.
    Lifetime Services can only be used on the device or app they have been purchased with and cannot be transferred to another TomTom device or app.

To learn more about Lifetime TomTom Services such as Lifetime Maps, TomTom Traffic and Speed Cameras, please visit tomtom.com/lifetime.

ATB YFM