Yoga and Paddle boarding — TomTom Community

Yoga and Paddle boarding

durangopawsdurangopaws Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
What setting do you use for Yoga and Paddle Boarding ?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,319
    Superusers
    You can use Gym or Freestyle mode depending on whether they are indoor or outdoor activities. The only difference between them is Freestyle is GPS enabled and Gym is not, both track duration, HR, calories, etc. I would use Gym for yoga and Freestyle for paddle boarding.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • durangopawsdurangopaws Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you
    Superusers
    Thank you
    Glad I could help. When you get a chance please mark my response as a solution so others with the same question can look for it.
  • YogaRocksYogaRocks Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Actually Yoga is a completely different exercise. A lot is about breathing and actually being able to extend your breath.
    Gym is not the right setting for it and Tomtom should create another category.
    It's silly that they don't have it because so many other fitness bands have it.
    I should have checked this, my next watch won't be a Tomtom because it doesn't have a yoga category and yoga is the best possible exercise that anybody can do.
    Superusers
    YogaRocks wrote:
    Actually Yoga is a completely different exercise. A lot is about breathing and actually being able to extend your breath.
    Gym is not the right setting for it and Tomtom should create another category.
    It's silly that they don't have it because so many other fitness bands have it.
    I should have checked this, my next watch won't be a Tomtom because it doesn't have a yoga category and yoga is the best possible exercise that anybody can do.
    The mode is simply determining which sensors to put on. Gym is HR with no GPS, Freestyle is HR with GPS. All the watch is doing is taking readings it is not evaluating the exercise being done. There will be no new sports modes and you have no choice but to not get a TT as they left the market last year and stopped all development and are just selling out of existing stock.