I Need a Solution to My XXL 530S Problem! — TomTom Community

I Need a Solution to My XXL 530S Problem!

GalileoGalileo Posts: 5 [Neophyte Traveler]
Firstly, I know that my model is now obsolete, however it was, and has been, working perfectly until I downloaded the latest update from HOME.

Here's what happened; after I connected to HOME, I went to 'Update my Device' and downloaded the latest update.

When the download was complete, I switched on my device and it opened, but then one of two things happen:

First, the device shows the opening frame, and then it goes no further. I can tap until I'm blue in the face, but it doesn't go to the next step.

Second, after the opening image, it goes to the "This device belongs to" page. Then it stays there! I can tap 'continue' for an hour, but it will not go any further.

My question is this: What do I have to do (what CAN I do) to get my device working the way it was BEFORE I updated?

Can anyone out there help me.? I'm travelling tomorrow and I need my TOM TOM.

Thanking you in anticipation!

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,345
    Superusers
    Maybe this will work:

1) Uninstall TomTom Home

2) Download last "good" version from http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/application/releases/v2_9_91_411_win.exe

3) Install it without running ie, uncheck the 'Run Home' tick box when installation completes

4) Using Windows Explorer, navigate to
    C:\Program Files\TomTom HOME 2\xul (32 bit Windows)
    or
    C:\Program Files (x86)\TomTom HOME 2\xul (64 bit Windows)
    and find application.ini file

5) Edit application.ini file (you might need admin privileges) and modify "Version=2.9.91.411" to "Version=2.9.94.450"

6) Run TomTom Home. It will believe to be running latest version 2.9.94.450 and therefore not pull the update.
  • GalileoGalileo Posts: 5 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Thanks dhn:

i'll give it a shot.

One thing: I'm on a Mac OS High Sierra. Will this be a different next step to your number four?
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,345
    Superusers
    Use Finder with a Mac.
  • GalileoGalileo Posts: 5 [Neophyte Traveler]
    OK...I'll give it a shot. I'll let you know how it goes. Many thanks!