HRM Zone Alarms

mathguru
mathguru Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I’m trying to figure out how HRM zone notifications work.

I have the zones set up correctly and the target / up arrow / down arrow icons are appearing correctly. However, I’m hoping to not have to look at my watch too often, so id like to get a sense of whether I am in / above / below my zones without looking at my watch.

With outside background noise, I’m having a bit of trouble hearing the audio alarms clearly; is there a logic to the buzz patterns that I can use to know whether I’m in or out of my training zone?

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    No, the buzz is the same whether you are above or below the zone and whether you are going in or out of your zone. It really is just an indicator to look at your watch. if your zone is not too small you may be able to tell by effort what the buzz is telling you. If it buzzes and your feel like your HR is pushing it, it is likely telling you that you are above your zone.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • mathguru
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thanks, tifarabaugh. The reason for my question—I may have been imagining this—is that the HRM alarms seem like two variants, a short buzz followed by a long buzz, or vice-versa. I mainly use HRM zones as a ceiling on easy days, so I’m trying to stay under a certain limit, and it seemed like the buzz was short-long when I was passing above the limit (down arrow icon), and long-short when I got back under the limit (target icon). Is that possible or was I just imagining it?
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    It is possible, I have not really noticed a difference, but the buzzer on mine is very weak. You may be able to call Customer Support and ask them but I doubt they will be able to shed much light on it. Best to just experiment with it and see if you can discern a pattern.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • mathguru
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thank you, I will try that.