Music on TomTom Spark

Jenacar
Jenacar Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I've painstakingly created my playlist on iTunes and ensured that all songs are properly downloaded, however TomTom Sports Connect will only recognise 31/91 songs which is quite useless to me for long runs as I need to take another device if I want varied music. What can I do to have the other songs recognised?

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,936
    Superuser
    The missing tracks are likely DRM protected which means the device cannot legally play them and the watch does not support files with DRM of any type. This includes offline tracks from Apple Music and Spotify. MySports Connect will not count any DRM tracks as part of a playlist, so if all the tracks in a playlist are DRM then the playlist will not be shown at all. Here is a link to a site which details how to tell if tracks are protected:

https://www.technipages.com/windows-how-to-check-if-a-video-or-music-file-is-drm-protected

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Jenacar
    Jenacar Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thanks for your reply. I was aware of this and every single song in my library was bought from iTunes over the last 12 years, which makes it all the more frustrating.