Transferring subscription to new device from broken one

johnnyshox37
johnnyshox37 Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
Hi my tom tom live 820 device is now broken, the bottom right of the screen doesn't respond when I press it. I purchased back in sept 2017 a 1.5yr live service package that lasts until march 2019.I also bought the Homer Simpson voice for the device too.I need to buy a new tom tom,can my live subcription and homer voice be transferred to my new device.If I bought a go 50 device can these be transferred to that.cheers John Shaughnessy. London

Comments

• dhn
    dhn Posts: 33,393
     Superuser
    Speak to support about transferring subscriptions:

United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

Have you investigated the cost of repairing your 820? Google 'satnav repair shops UK' for results.
  • johnnyshox37
    johnnyshox37 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi cheers for the reply.i did see it said they dont repair the 820 model.its a shame as its only 3 yrs old.the bottom right of the screen when i press it say to finish off a postcode or to press go - it doesnt respond.shame really
  • TTQC17
    TTQC17 Registered Users Posts: 42
    Outstanding Explorer
    Hi John,

I am sorry your device is defective. Unfortunately all electronics will fail eventually...

While repairing your device may not be possible or too expensive, you may consider buying a newer model TomTom.

I cannot find a model 'GO 50' you refer to in your original post, but newer GO (and higher tier VIA) models all have a 'lifetime' subscription to Traffic services, Safety Camera's and Maps.

I am not sure, but I don't think it is possible to transfer the Homer Simpson voice to a new GO device.

Maybe you can try to contact TomTom Customer Support for a subscription refund or a discount on a new unit.

Hope this helps. Good luck!