Battery spontaneously discharging? — TomTom Community

Battery spontaneously discharging?

cekcek Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited November 2018 in Runner & Multi-Sport
Hi,
I have had it happen a few times now that my multisport cardio watch has spontaneously lost power after less than 1 hour of activity after fully charging. I am not sure if it is to do with cold or wet weather. But the only way of getting the watch to work okay again is to charge it for a day or so. When I only charged it for a few hours it discharged immediately again after starting recording.
Has anybody else experienced this? Any suggestions on how to fix or avoid it?

Thank you very much for any help!

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,811
    Superusers
    There were battery drain issues introduced in the latest firmware versions, so you can request a rollback to an older firmware which may fix it (link below). It may also be that the watch is getting older and the battery is failing. I doubt you are still under warranty but if you are, call Customer Support and see what they can do.

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-and-spark-3-runner-2-and-runner-3-473/unable-to-pair-sync-after-update-to-firmware-v1-7-53-runner-and-spark-watch-series-1030088

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • cekcek Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I got the impression reading this problem report that the battery life would still be a few hours. My watch seems to be fully charged and then shuts down without warning. The watch is a few years old so it might be the battery failing, but in that case I would think it wouldn't last for 6 hours or more most of the time? Is it possible to replace the battery?
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,811
    Superusers
    The battery is not easily replaceable and they do not sell replacement batteries. You would need to crack the case (which will likely eliminate the waterproofing, figure out what kind of battery it is and find a replacement somewhere. Probably not worth it for a discontinued several year old watch. May be time to move on (not to another TT as they have left the wearables market).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.