TomTom VIA 1515 Loses GPS signal contantly!!

PEmanuele
PEmanuele Registered Users Posts: 5
Neophyte Traveler
Why does my TomTom VIA 1515 lose it's GPS signal constantly even after Quickfix updates!!???

Comments

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,800
    Superuser
    Hi
    Have you tried a Drum roll restart on the device ????

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6965//session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDI2NjM0NDUyL3NpZC9EQTdTVHpobQ

Charge the device for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles......

If possible, for the for the first Satellite fix, go outside with a clear view of the Sky

ATB YFM
  • PEmanuele
    Neophyte Traveler
    PEmanuele wrote:
    Why does my TomTom VIA 1515 lose it's GPS signal constantly even after Quickfix updates!!???
    When I first bought it it was working fine but now it has gotten worse; it loses the GPS signal often during driving on a rout to a destination.!@#$%^&*
  • PEmanuele
    Neophyte Traveler
    YamFazMan wrote:
    Hi

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6965//session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDI2NjM0NDUyL3NpZC9EQTdTVHpobQ

Charge the device for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles......

If possible, for the for the first Satellite fix, go outside with a clear view of the Sky

ATB YFM
    I have tried everything but I'll try that again, Thanks!
  • PEmanuele
    Neophyte Traveler
    PEmanuele wrote:
    YamFazMan wrote:
    Hi

I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles......

ATB YFM
    I have tried everything but I'll try that again, Thanks!
    Mine never makes the drum roll sound.
  • PEmanuele
    Neophyte Traveler
    Actually held the button longer and got the drum roll restart.
    I'll see if that helped, THANKS YamfazMan!!