TomTom Sports Connect & Runner 3

Karen Ray
Karen Ray Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hi, I hope someone can help as i've been going round in circles this morning.
I've stupidly fiddled with where tomtom sports connect looks for my playlists and now it won't find any at all.
Can someone tell me what the default location is that tomtom sports connect looks in on your PC for playlists?
I have tried uninstalling sports connect and reinstalling it to no joy. I have a Runner 3 and run Windows 7.

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    The MySports Connect application talks to Windows Media Player and iTunes (if they are installed) to query the playlists you have created. You do not need to specify a location unless you are not using one of these programs. If you are not using Windows Media Player or iTunes then you need to create an .m3u or .m3u8 playlist file (various music programs do this) and then set the Playlist Root Folder. Press the Gear icon in MySports Connect and then scroll down to Advanced Settings and set the location here. The playlist root folder is searched (and sub-directories) for any .m3u/.m3u8 playlist files and those will be listed (along with any Windows Media Player/iTunes playlists) by MySports Connect when you connect your watch. This only needs to be done if you are not using WMP or iTunes; otherwise they search the default locations. The playlists need to be on a physical drive on your machine, it will not find cloud drives.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Karen Ray
    Karen Ray Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi thanks for replying. What exactly are the default locations that you mention above as it's those that have accidentally got changed?
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    Karen Ray wrote:
    Hi thanks for replying. What exactly are the default locations that you mention above as it's those that have accidentally got changed?
    That is going to depend on your install of iTunes or WMP. Do a Google search for it.