Runner 3 not turning on

Rebelracer
Rebelracer Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hi All

Trying to understand what’s gone wrong with my runner 3. I’ve not used it for approx 4 weeks and as expected the battery had ran out. However after charging through the pc it didn’t seem to want to turn on and wasn’t reconsied with the pc software. I’ve tried charging through the mains too but nothing. All I can get it to do is if I hold down right whilst connecting to the pc two faint grey lines seems to show of the left of the screen.

Hoping there might be a be a simple solution for this but it’s baffled me.

thanks a lot
Ali

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    I would try to perform a reset on your watch using the recovery mode, follow these steps:

1. Place your watch in the dock before you connect the dock to the computer.
    2. On your watch, move DOWN but keep the button pressed.*
    3. Connect the dock to the computer. Keep pressing the button until your watch shows tomtom.com/reset.
    4. Release the button and wait for MySports Connect to show Update.
    5. Click Update in MySports Connect.
    * If the USB port on your computer is not easily accessible, connect the dock to the computer without the watch. Then move down from the clock screen while you slide the watch into the dock.

If that does not work you should call Customer Support. They are able to more deeply investigate and diagnose problems than we can here on the user forum. To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact, enter the product name and click Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Rebelracer
    Rebelracer Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thanks for this, gave it a go and still nothing so will ring the support people on Monday and see what they say.

cheers for the advice
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    Rebelracer wrote:
    Thanks for this, gave it a go and still nothing so will ring the support people on Monday and see what they say.

cheers for the advice
    Glad I could help. When you get a chance please mark my response as a solution so others with the same question can look for it.