TomTom and Fitbit Scale Aria — TomTom Community

TomTom and Fitbit Scale Aria

LornickLornick Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Adventurer
I like my TomTom sport watch and mywatch but I would like to have the ability to connect a wireless scale so that I have my weight monitored.

I have a fitbit Aria scale. Is it possible to link that scale via the fitbit app or via an API?

It is a serious problem for me.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,816
    Superusers
    No, the watch does not connect to any wireless scales and will not in the future. TT has left the wearables market and is not producing any new devices, so I would expect at this point any updates will be limited to bug fixes (and even that may be limited - it has been over three months since the last update broke connectivity for many users and introduced battery drain issues and that is still unresolved). I would not expect much more development and certainly not something major particularly like adding new connected devices (they may continue to tweak the MySports site and app, but not the watches themselves). It is what it is from now on and we are going to have to live with it or move onto another device brand.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • LornickLornick Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Really? What a bad news, will move to another brand then.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,816
    Superusers
    Lornick wrote:
    Really? What a bad news, will move to another brand then.
    It is sad because the products were not bad and the company and people were great, but everyone is struggling to compete with Garmin these days. The Vivoactive 3 was the first nail in the coffin and since they just came out with a watch with Music on it, that would have been the final nail.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • LornickLornick Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Yes it helped. I also thought TomTom made good sport watches, very happy with mine and also with my sport and the fitness age / vo2 calculation. I hoped they would build on that. Music is not important for me.