Moving information from a lost watch

SholtoDouglas
SholtoDouglas Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I had a TomTom 3 watch and uploaded all the data onto mysports.tomtom. Then I went sailing, had a bad capsize and my watch fell to the bottom of sea.

I now have a new watch, which is a different brand (with a more secure wrist strap). I would like to move my data from mysports.tomtom to Garmin Connect. However, every instruction and blog says that I need to connect my watch to the computer to do this.

Is there anything I can do? My watch is gone forever. Any help much appreciated, thank you.

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,939
    Superuser
    In MySports, go to Settings (click your name in the upper right) and then Manage Account and there is a section for Manage My Data which allows you to download data files for all activities (they are in gpx format). You can then load these into the service of your choice.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • SholtoDouglas
    SholtoDouglas Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thank you very much, this worked exactly as you said. Maybe TomTom could make it easier to find this in their search terms.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,939
    Superuser
    Thank you very much, this worked exactly as you said. Maybe TomTom could make it easier to find this in their search terms.
    I am not sure why they have not advertised this, except that it may encourage people to move away faster if they know they can take al their data with them now (you never could in the past).