Can't reinstall the GO Mobile App — TomTom Community

Can't reinstall the GO Mobile App

Fred FlintstoneFred Flintstone Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
I was advised by support to uninstall and reinstall to get the latest version. I have uninstalled but cannot reinstall because it says I have it already installed.

I followed various steps in deleting files and then uninstalling and have restarted my phone but still get the same result.

Any advice?

Comments

• AsprinAsprin Posts: 271 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Fred Flintstone,

Please read below.

I quote thanks to Vikram:

"There is a technical issue which is under investigation where the GO MOBILE app gets stuck/freezes on the loading screen.

I would suggest you try few steps mentioned below:

# Uninstall the app, log out of the Playstore.
    # Delete Android / data / com.tomtom.gplay.navapp and Android / OBB / com.tomtom.gplay.navapp.
    # Once done please close all the apps which are running in the background and reboot the phone.
    # Open the Playstore login and reinstall. Reopen the TomTom app and test

Regards
    Vikram

Check both the phone and SD card for the folders that have to be removed.

And turn off your phone for a minute or two and then reinstall the app.

"Should this not resolve the issue then please report it to the customer service so they can keep a track and collect similar reports which should speed up the investigation process."

PS:

Please post the type of smartphone youe are talking about and version of Android
  • Fred FlintstoneFred Flintstone Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for response. I've tried all of that (most of it tried before on advice from tomtom).

I'm still getting the same result i.e. refuses to install telling me it is already installed.
  • AsprinAsprin Posts: 271 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Fred Flintstone,

Then post a screen shot of the window under settings and then "app"

If you say it is already installed then it will show there.

Show the TomTomGo app installed

If so tap on it and force is closed and then delete the cache and files and uninstall it from there.

But even if it is still installed you can install over apps.

I do it all the time with other apps I get directly from the authors of an apps.

Plus post a screen shot of the message when you try to reinstall it from the Google Store.