Band not syncing to phone — TomTom Community

Band not syncing to phone

MintybirdMintybird Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Touch
When I first got the Touch band in October 2017 it worked just fine and now for the last month it stops syncing to the phone. I connected the band to the power to wake it up and that worked, for a while, now I have to connect it to the computer, which makes it work for a day or 2 then it stops again. This is annoying as it can randomly stop syncing during the day while out, this also stops the notifications that I have a text message or incoming phone call, I don't have access to a computer while outside my home. I contacted support and they obviously didn't read my email or understand it as they just told me to pair the phone to the band again, I have done this and I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, turned my phone off and on, got my phone to forget the band and tuned my bluetooth off and on, several times, all of which I had told them. The only thing I haven't done is to reset the band to factory settings, will this make me lose all my info that has been put on to my account by plugging it into the computer? What else can I try that I haven't already done?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,727
    Superusers
    Take a direct approach and call Customer Support, do not rely on email which is easily ignored or misunderstood. To get the number for Customer Support, click Contact us at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account.

However, I would first try a factory reset. You will not lose anything, it is all saved every time you sync. To do a factory reset, make sure the Connect software is running and dock the band to your computer. The Connect window will open; press the gear at the top right and select Factory reset from the next screen. Follow the steps provided, giving the band the same name and using the same email address. When prompted to register or sign in to MySports, select sign in and use your existing account credentials. It is fairly straightforward and should take less than 5 minutes.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • MintybirdMintybird Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Thanks