Reduction of max speed on secondary routes from 1st July, will TomTom be ready? — TomTom Community

Reduction of max speed on secondary routes from 1st July, will TomTom be ready?

NiallNiall Posts: 10,854
Superuser
edited January 2019 in Map quality
Today, the French government has announced that from the 1/7/2018 "La baisse à 80 km/h au lieu de 90 de la vitesse maximum autorisée sur les routes secondaires à double sens"", can we have a promise from TomTom that this blanket speed reduction will be in the 1015 version of the maps due to be released in August 2018?

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,854
    Superuser
    @MvanAken @Robbiebot

What is TomTom's position on changes like this
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,923 Moderator
    Hi Niall

At this point I cannot really comment or guarantee on the content for a specific map release because its hard to predict everything so early.

Our French map experts are aware of it, but you are welcome to submit a MapShare report to ensure it.

Thanks
    Vikram.
    Superuser
    @MvanAken has the data been gathered yet?
  • justmebrowsingjustmebrowsing Posts: 389 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Niall wrote:
    @MvanAken has the data been gathered yet?

Don't be silly Niall, we're talking about TTs ineptitude (again) here!
    "...but you are welcome to submit a MapShare report to ensure it" Yeah, that'll do it.

I guarantee it will NOT be done in a timely manner.

Of course this is only my personal opinion but would just love to be proved wrong in which case I will publicly apologise for my continued cynicism:disappointed_relieved:
    Superuser
    @VikramK @MvanAken

What is the feed back from the French map experts? Will they be ready for the August release of map version 1015?

I have also raised a mapshare query ID:19a94549-e4ee-41f5-b7c6-5e2d318f1fdd

As MyDrive now uses the new map format there are only 50 days to go before route timings will not be accurate :(
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,923 Moderator
    Hi Niall

I think this question has also been raised on the French community.

I don't have all the information about it but I can only confirm that we plan an extra map release at the beginning of July 2018(date tentative) to cover the speed changes.

Thanks
    Vikram :)