Heart rate on Spark 3

Cutler38
Cutler38 Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I have a TomTom spark 3 gps, im not sure how/if thr heart rate works, theres a sensor option on the watch, when i open the activites completed on the app, it shows a heart rate option but says it was a constant 37. Not sure if its not working or its just programmed in without the sensors.

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    Is it a Cardio model? Click down and go to About and see if it says Cardio at the top of the screen. If not, it will not work without an external strap. If it is, is the HR monitor turned on? Go to Sensors>Heart and make sure it is on (this is the same place you would set it for external if it is not a Cardio model). If it is a Cardio model and it is on, are you waiting to get a solid HR symbol before starting an activity? If so, there may be a problem with the sensor.

You may want to call Customer Support to ask them about it, but I would try a factory reset first in case it is just an issue in your firmware install. To do a factory reset, make sure the Connect software is running and dock the device to your computer. The Connect window will open; press the gear at the top right and select factory reset from the next screen. Follow the steps provided and when prompted to register or sign in to MySports, select sign in and use your existing account credentials. It is fairly straightforward and should take less than 5 minutes.

To get the number for Customer Support, choose Contact at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • daysse
    daysse Registered Users Posts: 31
    Master Explorer
    If your watch has a flat back without an obvious bump and some leds in the middle then it doesn't have a built in heart rate sensor and you need to use a bluetooth strap with the watch if you want to see your heart rate. I don't know if this is case with your watch though.