TomTom Golfer Storage Full message — TomTom Community

TomTom Golfer Storage Full message

ronnykapteinronnykaptein Posts: 18 [Outstanding Explorer]
edited January 2019 in Golfer & Golfer 2
Good Day

I received a brand new TomTom device last week, however when updating the courses it display storage full and vibrates. Also GpsFix is not updating and keeps giving errors on pc.

I have tried everything which includes factory reset the watch twice, also downloading the latest global maps as advised by your tech team to another user with the same issue to no avail.

I'm just about to give up, kindly assist urgently

Regards
Ronny

Comments

• MichalaMichala Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    I have the same problem. Bought a new Golfer watch before Christmas and it has been having errors for weeks that factory reset does not fix. Despite contacting TomTom last week, I have had no response. Have requested fix or refund but they are ignoring me. Lots of other posts on here with same problem. If you bought it in a shop, get a refund quickly. I bought direct from Tom Tom so it seems I have no recourse except to keep trying to contact them or look into making a complaint to a higher authority.
  • MichalaMichala Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    As I cannot get a response from TomTom and they have not resolved the issue, I am intending to send this letter from Which

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/letter/letter-to-get-a-refund-if-your-item-is-faulty
  • RKGJoondalupRKGJoondalup Posts: 8 [Legendary Explorer]
    I had the Watch full notification 2 months back. I followed the advice to reset the watch and then let the system update with new registration, SW and courses. It worked fine. I have now recently had the same issue, but the fix no longer works. I suggest TOMTOM rolls back their software to a previous version that works. I noticed that latest exe file was much smaller that previous versions, so there has been obvious change.
  • ronnykapteinronnykaptein Posts: 18 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Hi Guys

I managed to get a work around for the following TT golf watch issues;

1)Memory Full/Storage Low
    2)GPSfix not updating

I tested my work around twice and it seems to be working fine for the issues above.

All you do is plug watch into dock while connected to computer.
    *Do a factory reset from app
    *Follow steps up to "Updating Golf Courses"
    *Select "Updating Golf courses"
    *40 minutes into update, unplug watch from dock irrespective of updates completed or not.

The watch will have reverted you back to your last round and the low storage and gpsfix will be resolved. However you will still receive error message on computer app to fix or to reset watch which you can ignore until TT release update for fix.

As i said this is a temp solution which enables you to use your watch on the golf course at least while waiting for TT.

Regards
    Ronny
    Unfortunately this did not work. When I disconnected the watch, the watch display showed an icon indicating that it needed to be reconnected to the computer with TomTom/reset text
    Rjk

How far was the update bar when.you disconnected? It must at least done half of the updates.

It will show computer screen if you do it too soon because it means nothing(no update) has been done yet. So in starting it half way is fooling the watch that update has been done and all the software that makes the watch work has been installed I assume.

Regards
    Ronny
    I will try again and wait until the past the “30” mark
    Let me know if it is working but i suggest you wait till it goes at least just past the half way mark to ensure most courses has been loaded? Thanks
    Hi Ronny, I let it run to the 35 min mark on a clock face. It look about an hour to get there. The watch looks to be functioning now. Hopefully it will pick up my golf course when I am there Saturday. Thanks so much for your great help
    No probs, i'm sure your course would be loaded as it bombs out after that. With the new all encompassing app they moved from physical to cloud base server. I think all updates gets stuck pass the half way mark which means there must be an issue with database on cloud, TT must investigate there as a starting point.
    Unfortunately the watch couldn’t find my golf course or pair with my phone
  • hzandvoohzandvoo Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    TomTom has a serious problem my Golf watch does not update. Resetting does not fix it. The recent software update is a mess. This problem has been reported weeks ago, no solution available.
    I managed to get the phone and watch to connect by ignoring watch in BT settings. Will try and update course via my phone when I play wednesday
  • Frustrated Tom TomFrustrated Tom Tom Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I have the same problem. No update and no fix it. Very frustrating. When will Tom Tom fix this before higher action is taken.
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 5,785
    Community Manager
    Updating all courses in the Settings of TomTom Sports Connect should now solve the issue.

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/golfer-golfer-2-393/fixed-storage-issue-on-golfer-1-1032520
  • Frustrated Tom TomFrustrated Tom Tom Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Ok Jurgen my TomTom Golfer has now reset and appears to be working correctly.
    Thanks,