TomTom hasnt synced with Strava

STUEDGAR1
STUEDGAR1 Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hi,
My tomtom although I have given all the access permissions hasnt today synced with Strava, first time this has happened, anyone else having the same problem and does anyone know how to sort it out?

Comments

• fraggle1001
    fraggle1001 Registered Users Posts: 4
    Neophyte Traveler
    i'm also having this problem. worked yesterday ...
  • Daz2017
    Daz2017 Registered Users Posts: 7
    Neophyte Traveler
    Same here, definitely something wrong. Worked fine on Friday (and for two years before that). Someone has screwed up something in one of these apps.
  • adubbelne
    adubbelne Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    Same here..
  • GremlinRunner
    GremlinRunner Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Same here, not syncing with Runkeeper or Strava
  • Mandyrpearson
    Mandyrpearson Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    Snap. Mine has synched to the TomTom app from my watch but not to Strava.
  • Espresso
    Espresso Registered Users Posts: 4
    Neophyte Traveler
    Same issue here. Found a topic from a couple of years ago, that reported a temporary outage of the upload, maybe the same is happening now.
    It would be nice if someone of TomTom replies....
  • aesharp123
    aesharp123 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    Same for me ??‍♀️ Been working fine and then today it has suddenly stopped syncing with Strava...

anyone from TomTom out there?
  • Roadrunner62
    Roadrunner62 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    Same here - not syncing to Strava or Runkeeper. Worked ok on Tuesday when last used.
  • dazla
    dazla Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    me too not sync'd today, never failed before... tried deleting & reinstalling the strava exporter... no joy
  • Daz2017
    Neophyte Traveler
    Same here - not syncing to Strava or Runkeeper. Worked ok on Tuesday when last used.

This makes me think it’s a problem with the Tomtom server. Seems unlikely that it would be a problem with Strava and Runkeeper at the same time...
  • RunnerKG
    RunnerKG Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Yup, same - hasn't exported to Strava or to My Fitness Pal, so does appear to be server-side...
  • jeroen76
    jeroen76 Registered Users Posts: 3
    Neophyte Traveler
    Same problem here! I updates IOS This morning and after that it No longet sync d to strava !
  • wheely1
    wheely1 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    Yep same problem here, has anyone managed to sync yet?
  • Sam K
    Sam K Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    Yep same here. Realise now I'm not the only one with the problem. Won't sync to strava, sounds like something Tom Tom need to sort out! Please do soon as it's really annoying
  • Smiler002
    Smiler002 Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Traveler
    I'm having the same problem. No uploading to Endomondo, Strava or Runkeeper. It was OK yesterday. I have other friends who also have the same problem with TomTom Sports . My other friends with Garmin are not having any problems uploading to Strava, so it must be a TomTom server issue.

Please can someone from TomTom update us with the cause and when it will be resolved as I don't want to manually upload if the problem will be sorted.
  • Chugleigh
    Chugleigh Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    Same problem. Yesterdays Park Run exported to Strava as usual, todays run showing in TomTom but not exported to Strava. My running partner this morning has the same issue.
  • Daz2017
    Neophyte Traveler
    Here is an Apple iOS workaround until they fix this:
    • sync watch to tomtom phone app
    • login to tomtom sports website on phone
    • select activity and click on share. Select .gpx file and save to iCloud Drive or somewhere else in Files (e.g. Dropbox)
    • login to Strava webpage and select icon in top right corner that looks like a plus sign in a circle, choose ‘upload file’ option and select saved gpx file
    • fill in run details and save
    • run should now appear as usual in Strava
    not ideal but at least I know I haven’t lost the data for my 11 mile run this morning! ?
    im guessing there is a similar fix for android but I don’t have one to check.
  • markielincs
    markielincs Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    STUEDGAR1 wrote:
    Hi,
    My tomtom although I have given all the access permissions hasnt today synced with Strava, first time this has happened, anyone else having the same problem and does anyone know how to sort it out?
    Exactly same issues but you can go on tom tom sports website and if activity on there then go to share, download the .fit file then in strava upload activity from this file location. Hope this helps till problem is resolved.
  • RunnerKG
    RunnerKG Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Strava and MFP just updated - looks like the problem is fixed... Hurray!
  • Edo7
    Edo7 Registered Users Posts: 10
    Apprentice Traveler
    Same problem here :/
  • Espresso
    Espresso Registered Users Posts: 4
    Neophyte Traveler
    Mine is working again!
  • Stefano Costagli
    Stefano Costagli Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    I've got the same problem. Everything has worked out so far and now, suddenly, it doesn't work any more. Strava, Endomondo as well. I've tried many times to re-install sofware or change set up instructions but it doesn't work.
  • Runner2006
    Runner2006 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    There are loads of us in our runninh group with the same problem...please sort it out Tomtom!!
  • DannyRDavis
    DannyRDavis Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    I have also just posted a question about this
    My run today has not synced. Do you think it will sync when Tom Tom sort out this issue?
  • GremlinRunner
    GremlinRunner Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Mine is working again out of the blue I got the message that my run was synced with Strava.