Renault kangoo sat nav map on Tom map is missing — TomTom Community

Renault kangoo sat nav map on Tom map is missing

ally2468ally2468 Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
edited January 2019 in Built in car navigation
Hi I have a Renault kangoo Dec2010 and the Tom Tom map is missing, does anyone know which map number I need it's not the r link! But not sure of the others?
Thanks
Alan

Comments

• ally2468ally2468 Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
    As an update it has a carminat system
    Thanks
    Thanks I'll give it a try
  • CarminatCarminat Posts: 989 [Revered Pioneer]
    You need the map on an SD card. Solution is to buy one from TomTom, here's a link to their Accessories page.

https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/sat-nav/accessories/

The only map they offer is Europe, for £99.95 and it will not be the latest map (it's showing v9.85 and latest map is v10.00, 3 versions [9 months] later), so if you care, you'll have to buy an updated version from TomTom later.

A possible, much cheaper, alternative MIGHT be to create your own SD card. I can't guarantee it works but try this...
    1. Get a blank formatted SD card (minimum 8GB, preferably 16GB, Class 10).
    2. Place it into your Carminat and switch on the ignition. Hopefully it will say eventually "No maps Found".
    3. Use the Carminat menu to select Remove SD card and remove it.
    4. Take it to your computer - you need to have installed TomTom Home for Carminat, you also need a TomTom account (email address), login to Home and and click or allow it to update the system.
    5. Use TT Home menu to buy and download a map, latest version 10.00, - I'd just get a cheaper single country map rather than Europe, unless you intend to travel in Europe. If you do buy Europe, buy the biggest one (45 or 48 countries), not one of the various Central, Western, Eastern, etc Europe offerings, because you'll probably find it doesn't include some country you really want!
    6. When it finishes, use TT Home menu to safely eject the SD card from computer and take it to the car and it should work.
    However, I can't be sure this will work as it really needs the Carminat system - hopefully step 4 above will put the system on the card, but if it doesn't, you won't be able to progress to step 5. The only option then is to buy a map SD card from TomTom or Renault and it looks as though both of them only sell the expensive Europe map (try asking for a single country map, half the price of Europe).
    Thanks I'll give that a go