Watch will not pair with app anymore after reset.

MarliekeMarlieke Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi all,

I've got the TomTom Runner Cardio & Music and as I was having trouble connecting to GPS, I reset the watch a few months ago. Ever since I have not been able to pair the watch with my phone again. I can follow all steps, but the pin only appears for a fraction of a second and the app keeps on searching, it never shows the page to enter the pin. In the meantime I've been connecting my watch with my pc to sync my activities, but I would really like to connect it with the app again.

Does anyone have had this problem? And how did you solve it?

I already removed the app and downloaded it again. Already "forgot" the watch in my bluetooth settings and reseting my watch is what started the issue...

Best Regards,
Marlieke

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,187 [Superusers]
    If you search the forums you will find this is a known issue for many users with the recent updates. They are reportedly working on a fix, but no timeline has been communicated (it has been over three months so I would not hold my breath). In the meanwhile you always have the option of syncing via computer. If you go to this post and ask the moderator to roll back your firmware version it should fix it, although you will lose the Fitness Points and Fit age features:

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-and-spark-3-runner-2-and-runner-3-473/unable-to-pair-sync-after-update-to-firmware-v1-7-53-runner-and-spark-watch-series-1030088

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • MarliekeMarlieke Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you very much @tfarabaugh. I will keep on syncing via my computer until the issue is solved. Thanks, and have a great day!
  • Thymen98Thymen98 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I know this thread is fairly old, but I wanted to leave a reply in case somebody else has the same problem. You can solve it by going to the bluetooth settings in the settings app on your iPhone and make it 'forget' the device. After that your watch will no longer show the confirmation code for just a few seconds and your devices will pair again.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,187 [Superusers]
    Thymen98 wrote:
    I know this thread is fairly old, but I wanted to leave a reply in case somebody else has the same problem. You can solve it by going to the bluetooth settings in the settings app on your iPhone and make it 'forget' the device. After that your watch will no longer show the confirmation code for just a few seconds and your devices will pair again.
    That will not actually fix the problem as the original poster indicated in their original post. That only works if you have reset the watch or reinstalled the app. Yheir problem is a known issue with the later updates.
  • Thymen98Thymen98 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I think I must have replied to the wrong thread... oops