Audio coach in TomTom Runner 3

Lapo
Lapo Registered Users Posts: 5
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hello,

I am new to the community, but I have a question. I recently got a TomTom Runner 3 (it's great, I love it!) and was wondering whether there is an option to have an audio coach when connected to a bluetooth headset. I'd love for it to go over the music and say "you ran 1 km in XX'YY" or other intervals. Is this an option?

Thank you,

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,938
    Superuser
    Voice coaching is only available in specific training modes, not in general across the watch. Make sure you have the Voice on by pressing down and selecting Profile>Voice and your language. You will get the following prompts:

General prompts:
    Watch ready, Demo mode, Bluetooth not working when swimming.

Training Partner prompts:
    Zone: in zone, above zone, below zone.
    Goal: at 50%, 90% 100% and 110% of goal.
    Race: ahead, behind, lost, won.

So unless you are in Zone, Goal or Race you will not get any prompts. In lap mode it will buzz to inform you of a completed lap and show the lap time on the watch but there are no audio prompts for it.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • mike31
    mike31 Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Traveler
    It would be great if the can also allow the audio feedback on Workouts. It very distracting to look at the watch over and over again to see if you are in the zone or above / below it. Hope that Tomtom makes this possible in their next software update.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,938
    Superuser
    mike31 wrote:
    It would be great if the can also allow the audio feedback on Workouts. It very distracting to look at the watch over and over again to see if you are in the zone or above / below it. Hope that Tomtom makes this possible in their next software update.
    Unfortunately, this is not going to happen. TomTom has left the wearables industry and is no longer producing devices so I would assume at this point any updates will be limited to bug fixes (and even that may be limited - it has been over six months since the last update broke connectivity for many users and introduced battery drain issues and that is still unresolved). I would not expect much more development and certainly not something major particularly on the watch side (they may continue to tweak the MySports site and app, but not the watches themselves).